• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More on their way to Tranmere?

hoover

Might Wheeler be one of the two?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
They have to be wary however of another club that had a similar trajectory from being about our size to a fair bit bigger - Stockport. I suspect Tranmere are on firmer footing however.
Yep....Tranmere had their problems in the early 1980's..Most home games were played on a Friday night(as they were at Stockport) to avoid clashing with bigger teams in the area(even then some gates were only around a 1,000)..I had not been to Prenton Park since the 4th Division days when the Grecians were regular visitors & was amazed at the transformation of a run down ground,to a well run club & nice stadium on a recent visit.

A good club for a first job in management for Rob Edwards...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They have had a bit of a come-down, mind - when our match at Brizzle Rovers was postponed in January '13 I went along to Brentford to watch their L1 top of the table clash with Tranmere, who deservedly won 2-1. Most of their stars from that day (and that season) appear to have disappeared, mind - McGurk (now at Burton) the most striking to my mind.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might Wheeler be one of the two?
No, obviously not.

grecianite

Is keohane under 24? If so we'll get compo should he go elsewhere, assuming with our latest offer to him, we've matched or bettered his current contract.
You are correct Sir.