• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More changes to the FA Cup

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've now set out a statement condemning these actions.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh look they've mentioned the exact same four games that I did ;-)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give it a few years and there won't even be an FA Cup.
Why not?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Usual shit from the 'elite' clubs and the governing bodies who play servant to them.

**** them.

Just like with the ESL, **** them.

I'm so pleased we're a lower league club with no aspiration to join in their boring, monied, detached from reality racket.

exespur

I see all sides here as someone who follows Spurs and Exeter. The PL and CL is such a money spin worldwide that they are adding games to the schedule so more and more games can be televised to earn more money for the greedy bastards. Right here is the problem why I started following Exeter to begin with it's out of control and joke it's the people at the top. HOWEVER £200k or £2 a week playing 60+ games a week is unfair on the players and something needs to give at top level to protect the players.

Clubs like ours rely on that money generated simply to keep afloat. A cup run to us could change our foreseeable future it's potentially massive.

TO ME every PL club MUST and COULD do and pay more into the lower leagues to help keep these clubs running! Money Spurs waste a month on Ndombele would've saved Bury and Macclesfield. This is an opportunity for FL clubs to get the PL to help us out more. If they currently pay £5m each into the leagues well now pay £10m each into leagues make us bot need a replay to save our clubs.

I darned hate what the PL has become today.

exespur

Give it a few years and there won't even be an FA Cup.
It will be the league cup. A lot of top 6 fans have been calling for this for a while, as far as the fans go FA Cup is up there with PL and CL. League Cup is not looked at favourably. No idea why.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt could perhaps persuade his mate Tom Numbers to do the draw - there could be a story for each ball.

This may be the best thing I've ever seen. Thank you.

haka

We get a mention on the Beeb ... Exeter City, Truro's dream destination!

FA Cup replay changes 'a total lack of respect for football pyramid' - BBC Sport

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've no idea who Newhall United are, but well done on the statement

JCWhoosh

Maybe the Prem teams should be introduced from round 1 if they want to scrap the replays.