• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mobile networks

AndyB

Just about to move back to the UK from Spain, and I will need to sort out a mobile phone.

Looking to keep the cost down at the moment as I am still searching for a job. :S

I quite like the look of the new Tmobile Solo offer - you can use your current phone and for 15 quid a month you get unlimited texts, and I don't know how many minutes. For 20 quid you can actually get Internet access too. The bonus is that it is a rolling 30 day contract, so it wouldn't be difficult to change things once I am financially better off.

Just wondering what the Tmobile network/coverage is like.

Also, does anyone know of similar/better deals available at the moment?

Any advice/help would be gratefully received. :)

Cheers.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't fairly compare it with other providers, but the T Mobile customer service is f*cking shocking.

It took 5 calls from me telling them there was something up for them to realise that some dumbass at their end had put me on to the wrong contract.

Meanwhile, i'm about £90 out of pocket whilst they sort it out, which apparently takes a month.

journeyman

I'm on Blyk...I get £15 free credit every month for the sake of receving about 2 messages a week.

benh

3 is quite good. For £15 per month (although theres a rebate at the end that puts in back to £12) I get a combined 300 minutes or texts...

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm on o2 pay and go. I don't tend to use it to phone people, but I top up 30 quid a month, get unlimited texts, out of that they take £7.50 a month for unlimited browsing, they have other bolt ons that you can opt into. I've opted into one, that doesn't cost owt, but it means I can send texts abroad for 10p per text. They also give a small amount extra on any top up due to the VAT rate being lowered. They add on 10% when you top up, and if you opt in, they reward you every 3 months, with 10% of what you have topped up over that period. The network coverage is generally quite good. And the customer service is brilliant, the call centres are based in England. They're quick at sorting anyproblems out, but I can't remember the last time, I had to ring them

angelic upstart

Just wondering what the Tmobile network/coverage is like.

Also, does anyone know of similar/better deals available at the moment?

Any advice/help would be gratefully received. :)

Cheers.
I'm on T Mobile and I've never had any problems whatsoever. When I first went with the there was an occasional issue with getting reception. That doesn't happen whenever I'm in Exeter, although it still does in certain parts of Plymouth.

Their customer service, contrary to LOG's earlier comments, I found fine. Though it was a 3 minute call once and the issue was resolved.

It certainly sounds a good deal if you're broke.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm on o2 simplicity which is a Sim only but I get 1000 texts and 600 mins pcm for £20. This is a monthly rolling contract available online.

AndyB

I'm on o2 simplicity which is a Sim only but I get 1000 texts and 600 mins pcm for £20. This is a monthly rolling contract available online.
The Tmobile offer is 600 mins, unlimited texts plus Internet access for 20 quid, which seems a better deal.
Was just worried about the coverage.

woody

Stay clear of T-mobile, if you're travelling around the country, coverage is a pain

Pete Martin (CTID)

I've been with Three for almost 6 years with no real problems. Good coverage (even where I live in the wilds of Mid-Devon), good deals and, as for customer service, well, that's personal choice because I think their customer service centre is based in India.

Now, the only prblem with that is that some people just can't get on with the accents over the phone (and that's not being racist), but personally I haven't found it a problem and the Indian operators are, in my experience, exceptionally helpful and polite.

I'm due for an upgrade in August and will be sticking with Three again. They now do free Skype to Skype calls as well.