• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Moaning & Groaning: Perspective.

critcher45

Can’t help thinking our decline started when Williams and Randall got injured. Out went our speed and threat.

ExmouthMart

The last few words of the opening post on this thread sum it up exactly....... There is not much quality in this League and we definitely fall into that category. How many quality players have we got that have shown any real consistency and could play in a higher League?! I’d say only Randall, Jay, Andresson and maybe Williams. The rest are bog standard League Two.
Why are we continually gutted that we are not pushing for promotion in this League?! We don’t Chuck loads of money at it, so we make do with what we can pick up in the bargain basement and hope some of our own young players turn to gold. We need Stockley quality but the reality is Bowman for example. Some supporters set their sights way too high when we are already punching above our weight. We don’t have the resources to be anything other than a little Club that gets lucky occasionally.

tonykellowfan

What seemed to kill us was the long break when a host of league games were postponed one after another. We never looked like the same team after that.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our form dipped when Randall went through a spell during which he wasn't performing as well.

Since he's been out we've been utter $h1te going forward.

He's the only player we have got with a mix of pace and quality at the end of it.

Losing Law has been a problem (as was obviously going to be the case), he was the only central midfielder we had with genuine quality on the ball.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Second time in a week Chap

You promised to up your game.

I think you may need some sessions with His Cheesiness to get your mind into gear

:)
Still waiting chum.

Grecian_Matt

We are not making the play offs and not going down either.

So can we start playing the kids? Give them some good experience ready for next season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

So can we start playing the kids? Give them some good experience ready for next season.
We are 3 points away from the final play off spot.

Play the best team regardless of how old each player is !

The last few words of the opening post on this thread sum it up exactly....... There is not much quality in this League and we definitely fall into that category. How many quality players have we got that have shown any real consistency and could play in a higher League?! I’d say only Randall, Jay, Andresson and maybe Williams. The rest are bog standard League Two.
Why are we continually gutted that we are not pushing for promotion in this League?! We don’t Chuck loads of money at it, so we make do with what we can pick up in the bargain basement and hope some of our own young players turn to gold. We need Stockley quality but the reality is Bowman for example. Some supporters set their sights way too high when we are already punching above our weight. We don’t have the resources to be anything other than a little Club that gets lucky occasionally.
Neither do probably 20 out of the other 24 clubs either...we’ve not exactly been punching, we’ve had 10 years in this league.

I’d like to know if they are good enough...I don’t think Seymour will be...but Dyer and Kite should now get game time.

tonykellowfan

I’d like to know if they are good enough...I don’t think Seymour will be...but Dyer and Kite should now get game time.
Kite is worth a place on the subs bench and should be given a chance to play 20 or 30 minutes. I'm not sure Dyer is ready for the first team yet.