• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons v Exeter City Matchday Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Dean Moxey will only miss the one game, which will be Fulham. Forte will miss a few games as it's a hamstring injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see a loan before end of Friday.
I don't think that's right, Hants

"Clubs at Step 2 and below: Red cards in first team competitive matches result in suspensions commencing on the 7th day following the match in which the player was sent off."

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions#L31TPscufkOgTumV.99

Nigel E

I don't think that's right, Hants

"Clubs at Step 2 and below: Red cards in first team competitive matches result in suspensions commencing on the 7th day following the match in which the player was sent off."

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions#L31TPscufkOgTumV.99
Key point there is the meaning of "Step 2". In this context it means leagues below the EFL, National League and WSL.

The rules for "Step 1" are:

The two categories of match are first team competitive matches and non-first team matches.

Premier League, English Football League, National League, WSL:

Red cards in first team competitive matches result in immediate suspension from forthcoming first team competitive matches. Red cards in non-first team matches will take effect from the 14th day following dismissal.

Furzton grecian

yea sure Agard is 1 of our main strikers,he is our record signing but has under achieved since his transfer from Bristol City it hasn't been all his fault to many ex managers try to play him up front on his own he needs a partner we are hoping your ex simmo😆 or our new signing Healey can't get a partnership going.From a personal point of view gutted Aneke ain't playing ball fully fit would **** on this league...

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very much a Tisdale style match yesterday. Bore everyone to death in the first half and try and nick a goal in the 2nd half. It worked for him, just.
Interesting excuse for a city defeat? Is this a way of deflecting? I didn't get the impression that it could be put down to that when reading through the thread. I got the impression that it was down to things WE didn't do as opposed to things MK did, or have I failed to understand the comments?

tonykellowfan

geoff, we lost because Moxey got 2 silly bookings and we had 2 stupid handballs in the box, plus Boateng had a terrible game.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting in a boring way the MK fans on it - Stockley aparrently falling over whenever anyone went near him as well as these other comments

" Seems like the whole atmosphere around the club has really changed for the better." - shame about the stadium
"our defence (MK) is probably the best in the league"
"We will be very hard to score against and that gives us a basis to grind out results."
"But the point is this is League 2 and there aren't many (if any - apart from us) who are better"
" the league looks pretty poor this year in terms of competition"
" Having an excellent defence and a mediocre strikeforce might be enough"

Sounds like exciting times ahead for the franchise l-)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting in a boring way the MK fans on it - Stockley aparrently falling over whenever anyone went near him as well as these other comments

" Seems like the whole atmosphere around the club has really changed for the better." - shame about the stadium
"our defence (MK) is probably the best in the league"
"We will be very hard to score against and that gives us a basis to grind out results."
"But the point is this is League 2 and there aren't many (if any - apart from us) who are better"
" the league looks pretty poor this year in terms of competition"
" Having an excellent defence and a mediocre strikeforce might be enough"

Sounds like exciting times ahead for the franchise l-)
If you can, archive that post, Helly. Hopefully we can all giggle about it at the end of the season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
geoff, we lost because Moxey got 2 silly bookings and we had 2 stupid handballs in the box, plus Boateng had a terrible game.
Obviously not being at the game I'm in no place to judge, but the commentators suggested MK had done their homework on him (I wonder how!) and knew his first touch is a bit suspect so decided he wouldn't get a second one.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng has generally been poor this season, I don't think his performance on Saturday was anything MK Dons specific, he shouldn't have been playing.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
LIke TPC I am not a great Boateng fan and often feel he fails to lives up to the hype, good game against Lincoln ( a few lucky rebounds and in off the post to score his goal) last season in the play offs shouldn't make him one of the first names on the sheet to start, there are other options

Last edited: