• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons v Exeter City Matchday Thread

tonykellowfan

I think the best midfield we have at the moment is:

LM: Holmes
DM: Taylor
AM: Law
RM: Martin

tonykellowfan

We were beaten by a better f****** team FFS! Lets not beat about the bush! I feel sorry for the 1,000 staunch fans that made that trip, but at no point did it look like we could get anything from that. I know we're going through the Taylor grace period where he has to see what his options are etc. but so far, the teams he's fielded have looked infinitely weaker than anything Tisdale put out throughout last season. And why all of a sudden is Boateng crap? And Stockley isn't exactly pulling up any trees either! Oh; and Moxey really led by example today, didnt he!? Taylor needs to ensure they get all their collective as/s's in gear, sharpish!
Having been at the game I have to say this is rubbish. MK Dons did not look as good as Cambridge on Tuesday. We matched them for the whole game even when we had 10. They needed the pens otherwise it would have been 0-0 (my original prediction).

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Easy to say in retrospect, but I would have brought on Abrahams instead of Martin after Forte went off. Like for like.
Indeed..Lee Martin was not at the races yesterday & looked like he was suffering from playing the full 90 mins still from Tuesday.

Not a great day to watch the Grecians,the usual performance at Stadium MK I’m afraid..Glad this game is out of the way.
Great turnout,around 980,I think I read somewhere..

Furzton grecian

Mornin Grecians can I start by passing my condolences from all at MK DONS and I to Richard Pikes family family such a tragic case a man with such a young family and all to live for,everywhere we go we get called franchise,imposters ,plastic etc but we came together through your forum and social media it had been noted by our fans and I thought it was a good tribute to Richard on 26 mins.Before I talk about the game an I just say thanks for not going to hard on Tiisdale,it was a strange game my prediction from the start was for you to come out of the blocks strong with Stockley scoring 1st half goal,that gives us a kick up the arse and we get a 1.1 out of it in the end.It was such a cagey 1st half both teams canceling out each other,apart from Lewingtons freekick(great save from Pym) and your one in side netting it was pretty even.i thought in 2nd half we stepped it up a it created some pressure and you helped us out with the ha

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
MK Dons weren't looking forward to the ref before the game...

Looks he struggles with game management.....

According to BBC we haven't had a shot on target.
Card happy with a total lack of judgement, which is how it turned out.

STURTZ

Man found slumped on keyboard in Milton Keynes area.

Furzton grecian

Hand balls great save from Pym for the 1st penalty,i and few others were surprised when Agard picked the ball up for the 2nd one.after we scored your defence came under some pressure we needed that 2nd goal,playing 10 men you had nothing to lose last 15 mins was your best part of the game attacking wise...So what did we learn from the game?I think both teams will be in the mix...look forward to the rematch at SJP

IndoMike

I think the best midfield we have at the moment is:

LM: Holmes
DM: Taylor
AM: Law
RM: Martin
I'm also looking forward to Sparkes making the first team to put some pressure on some of the more experienced players. I think he can't be far away now.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hand balls great save from Pym for the 1st penalty,i and few others were surprised when Agard picked the ball up for the 2nd one.after we scored your defence came under some pressure we needed that 2nd goal,playing 10 men you had nothing to lose last 15 mins was your best part of the game attacking wise...So what did we learn from the game?I think both teams will be in the mix...look forward to the rematch at SJP
Are you enjoying three central defenders plus a holding midfielder at home ?

Furzton grecian

Are you enjoying three central defenders plus a holding midfielder at home ?
We do what we have to do at the moment against different sides as you probely know both our reckonised forwards are injured and haven't kicked a ball for us even in pre season,and there's a good chance both being sold next week..Tisdale has sorted out the defence ,midfield.It was noticed from the 1st game can't see us conceding to many but can't see us scoring to many if he doesn't sort the front line out....