• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Minute's silence on Monday

journeyman

I will do the same as i have been doing on the anniversary. I stop what i'm doing, at 6 minutes past 3 on the 15th April and think of the 96 fans that never returned home. I wear my wristband with pride. Justice for the 96. YNWA
Thank you shabbashaz, just what I, and hopefully some others on here wanted to here. I've put a lot of my time this past year, often to the consternation of my mates who can't understand why I bother, into looking into Hillsborough, the biggest whitewash this country has seen (not my words). What concerns me is that the lessons 'learnt' from Hillsborough may not live on through younger fans like myself, because we forget as time goes on. What doesn't help is the fact that some of Exeweb's 'better-regarded' names are showing off their naivity and ignorance, and this might influence people who don't know better themselves.

I blame policing,stewarding AND LIVERPOOL FANS.?? the stewards should have blocked entrance to the middle section when the police opened the main gates ( where countless scouse c*nts got a freebie) - the liverpool fans should not have kept pushing and pushing in the tunnel towards the terracing,not caring who were infront of them. i was there that day,and i'm sick and tired how much liverpool fans want to blame other folk rather than their own,same as heysel.

i might seem a c*nt here,and to be honest,i don't care.

Hungerfordbee

I blame policing,stewarding AND LIVERPOOL FANS.?? the stewards should have blocked entrance to the middle section when the police opened the main gates ( where countless scouse c*nts got a freebie) - the liverpool fans should not have kept pushing and pushing in the tunnel towards the terracing,not caring who were infront of them. i was there that day,and i'm sick and tired how much liverpool fans want to blame other folk rather than their own,same as heysel.

Unbelievable!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

As an Exeter City fan, I do not wish to be associated with those comments in anyway.

journeyman

To be honest mate, yes you do. If anybody had bothered to watch the Football Focus special on at lunchtime (and to be honest, it doesn't sound as if many did), you would have seen CCTV footage from the moment the gate was opened, and you would have seen fans walking, not running into the concourse area. Don't know where you were on that day, but it certainly doesn't sound like Leppings Lane. Perhaps you were in the Forest end, along with the thousands of others who chanted anti-scouse songs as 96 of them were in their final moments. The fact you call them 'scouse c*nts' comes across as biased, and to someone who has an entire side of his family of Liverpudlian origin, extremely insulting.

Thatchers

After Heysel, I have no sympathy for what happened at Hillsborough.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

journeyman

After Heysel, I have no sympathy for what happened at Hillsborough.

Karma is a wonderful thing.
And yet it gets worse. This is tantamount to saying 9/11 was 'karma' for the Iraqis killed in the First Gulf War, or similar. Now tell me you believe that too...
Of all the rubbish I've heard tonight, surely it cannot get any worse than that...

Thatchers

And yet it gets worse. This is tantamount to saying 9/11 was 'karma' for the Iraqis killed in the First Gulf War, or similar. Now tell me you believe that too...
Of all the rubbish I've heard tonight, surely it cannot get any worse than that...
Not just the first Gulf War...

journeyman

Not just the first Gulf War...
So in answer to my question, that'll be a yes?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have read the book that gives the players. fans accounts of the day. it is horrendous, the players and people that were there, will remember that day for as long as they live. that inspector duckenfield should never have allowed those gates to be opened, he should have also allowed the gates in the fencing to be opened. he bottled it. cos of that 96 men, women and children lost their lives. and What did he get? early retirement with a nice fat pension. i hope that day haunts him for the rest of his life.