• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Millwall at home - not all ticket

Teignmouth Red

As I was born in South London and come from a family of Millwall fans, I better stand in the away end that night then with all the other C*ckney ruffians! ;)

Bizarrely, me too (born and bred SE5/SE15/SE13).

Millwall get a raw deal in terms of press coverage. The club themselves have been leaders in community work for decades. Sadly all the Bermondsey nutters and the various other psycho hangers-on ruin the good work. Still the Big Bank for me though!

Littlebreeder

Bizarrely, me too (born and bred SE5/SE15/SE13).

Millwall get a raw deal in terms of press coverage. The club themselves have been leaders in community work for decades. Sadly all the Bermondsey nutters and the various other psycho hangers-on ruin the good work. Still the Big Bank for me though!
I was born in Bromley, my son was born in Lewisham Hospital though and my Dad worked in Verney Road opposite the New Den.

I have to agree, Millwall do still get a raw deal in the press, I've only ever been caught up in trouble twice, once was at Selhurst Park v Palace and the other was the FA Cup match at Stamford Bridge in 95.

jon_shoe

probably the wrong place to ask this, but...

I've been going to City for 15 years, never seen any trouble, except the time we got gobbed on at Argyle (not exactly Galatasaray!). You always hear the "Ooh err Millwall are coming" talk, and the same about Cardiff, and Chelsea when in other towns. Does football violence still exist outside of derby matches in places like Exeter? Is it all tabloid talk?

I know there's the odd "Rangers in Manchester" incident, but I'm putting that down to excited Glaswegians!

Thoughts?

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
We kick off every week, the reason that you dont here about it is that we batter all journalists to within an inch of their life

elginCity

Anyone going in the vain hope and excitement of seeing a bunch of knuckledraggers in action are going to be disappointed.

Having seen Millwall's travelling core, for an away game out in the sticks, they're really no different from any other set of fans.

Teignmouth Red

Anyone going in the vain hope and excitement of seeing a bunch of knuckledraggers in action are going to be disappointed.

Having seen Millwall's travelling core, for an away game out in the sticks, they're really no different from any other set of fans.
Absolutely spot on. And logically, where's the motivation? Unless I missed it, there's no history between Millwall and City.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely spot on. And logically, where's the motivation? Unless I missed it, there's no history between Millwall and City.
I remember a certain Mr Crockford leading a pitch invasion from the Cowshed against Millwall back in the Nineties...and it was supposed to be a friendly! ;)

angelic upstart

I remember a certain Mr Crockford leading a pitch invasion from the Cowshed against Millwall back in the Nineties...and it was supposed to be a friendly! ;)
I remember that too. I have that on video somewhere.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember that too. I have that on video somewhere.
Whatever happened to Folurunso Okenla? (I think that was his name :S)