• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Millenic Alli is a Grecian!

GrecianByTransit

His physicality impressed me in yesterday's cameo, all about fine tuning now. The season break is a massive chance for him to work on it and hopefully hit the ground running at the start of 24/25

JGrecian23

Better have some decent subs then, he’ll be knackered after 15 minutes.

He’s got something about him, for sure, but the boy needs a hard pre season.
They said the same about James Scott at the end of last season.

Let's hope Alli puts the hard work in and has the talent under that to be a real asset.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member

Let's hope Alli puts the hard work in and has the talent under that to be a real asset.
That’s true, but his work rate is light years beyond Scott’s. At least Millenic has made himself tired.

Scott made Steve Williams look energetic.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

TBF Scott started the season OK. Downhill from there after his injury, sadly for him, but to the delight of the usual suspects on here who need a scapegoat for when we don't perform well..

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't he arrive injured?I see these last few matches as a pre-preseason for him.Probably won't be fully up to speed after his injury until the beginning of August.

C j phill

I dont understand the issue about the big jump from NL to league 1. If a player is good enough, for example, can control a football, pass it to a player they intend to get the ball to, run with it, etc...whatever is the requirement or their strength, they should be good enough for whichever league their manager determines they play.

I'm neutral about Alli's chances of success at league one and will form a view when we're 3 months in to next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont understand the issue about the big jump from NL to league 1. If a player is good enough, for example, can control a football, pass it to a player they intend to get the ball to, run with it, etc...whatever is the requirement or their strength, they should be good enough for whichever league their manager determines they play.

I'm neutral about Alli's chances of success at league one and will form a view when we're 3 months in to next season.
I understand the theory behind what you say but if the jump wasn't an issue then PL clubs would be plundering L2 clubs for players. Therefore, you have to conclude that a jump of two leagues (the equivalent is one of our players ending up in the PL) is actually significant

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

There is a difference between a manager thinking a player has the potential to play at that level and is ready to. Milli is somewhere in between at the moment. Going from NL to L1 is a different kind of fitness, we saw that going from L2 to L1 is as well. So Milli has that to contend with. And also the players around you and against you are just a lot better, more sharper, quicker of thought. That all means an adjustment to make. That is what Milli has to do. Things all look like they are happening a bit quick for him at the moment on the pitch and his head is down concentrating on the ball and battling defenders. Hopefully that will be an adjustment he can make and his more natural ability can then start to come through.

C j phill

I understand the theory behind what you say but if the jump wasn't an issue then PL clubs would be plundering L2 clubs for players. Therefore, you have to conclude that a jump of two leagues (the equivalent is one of our players ending up in the PL) is actually significant
No, I dont. If there was a league 2 player with premiership quality, one of the clubs in the highest league would sign him.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, I dont. If there was a league 2 player with premiership quality, one of the clubs in the highest league would sign him.
can you name one in the last 20 years?