• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Miles For Marcus - The Derby Rimmer MND Foundation

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been a while since I posted on here, hope all you exwebbers are well (some I know, and probably quite a few I don't know.

Since ex-Exeter City player, Marcus Stewart was diagnosed with MND, I've been helping with fundraising as part of Team Stewart.

Last week I took part in an just under 18 mile walk around Huddersfield, for The Derby Rimmer MND Foundation organised by ex Huddersfield town legend Andy Booth.

With me living in the north west, I thought it was an ideal opportunity to get involved with.

I completed it, and caught up with Marcus and his wife Louise at Castle Hill which was just over half way point.

Marcus even mentioned me in an interview he did for the walk.

I'm very proud of how him and Lou push me on to complete my challenges. Therefore I'm on here cap in hand, seeing if any exewebbers would be able to donate a couple of quid.

I'm up to £430 plus gift aid. Any amount is very much appreciated.

MND isn't incurable it's just underfunded

UTC

FB_IMG_1696613915309.jpg

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you Martin W for your donation. Very much appreciated. UTC!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Welcome back, Shabba! Great effort/achievement.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome back, Shabba! Great effort/achievement.
Thanks Andrew, not been on since I last posted, hard to get back in the habit.

If anyone still wants to donate, the page is open until 7th November.

Now up to £465 plus gift aid. Absolutely made up, but would love to hit £500.

Also, I've signed up for March of the day, next March, ex footballers, will be joining in from Bradford to Anfield and doing stints over the the 72 hours, I've agreed to join from Wigan AFC and will walk approx 19 miles to Anfield.

I must be mental.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you sign of the chimes. Really appreciate the donation.

£25 to go.

UTC!