• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek 'Impacting ECFC' Fixtures Thread

dontpassback

Not sure I can remember a season of so many ifs and buts. Bottom line really which ever way you look at it we have thrown it away this season.
Very fair assessment,too many silly points thrown away,but it’s city and you never know what will happen on Saturday,I’ve always been a fan of big Kevin Ellison (clap)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Never like tempting fate with threads like this tbh its been in our own hands for some time to grind out results in our games not worry about other peoples games.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well the stage has been set for 40 year old Kevin Ellison to become a City Legend by scoring the winner against the Welsh on Saturday.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the stage has been set for 40 year old Kevin Ellison to become a City Legend by scoring the winner against the Welsh on Saturday.
That would indeed be nice.

PeteUSA

One of the most farcical situations where we lost points was when Hamon came in for Pym and had a terrible game. Two goals from crosses that Hamon missed completely! Pym is not blameless for that scenario either, gobbing off at the referee in a fashion that he must have known he'd be sent off. And Huxtable didnt give that penalty against Pym either, it was for a foul on the opposition player by our defender (who's name escapes me). Their player had to come off, and it was nothing to do with Pym!

Red Devon

All very depressing, if the Devil could cast his net over that lot currently sat in the playoff positions

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

One of the most farcical situations where we lost points was when Hamon came in for Pym and had a terrible game. Two goals from crosses that Hamon missed completely! Pym is not blameless for that scenario either, gobbing off at the referee in a fashion that he must have known he'd be sent off. And Huxtable didnt give that penalty against Pym either, it was for a foul on the opposition player by our defender (who's name escapes me). Their player had to come off, and it was nothing to do with Pym!
He did give it against Pym. I know this for a fact.

Dannyred

Not winning at Stevenage ended our play off hopes,Think we will lose 3-0 on Saturday. So close but had we not been so inconsistent then we would of been up by now. Great first season by MT.

Can only hope now that we will have MK & Argyle next season in league 2

Nigel E

Morecambe haven't lost at home since February, and have been on a decent run to finish the season. Tough place for Newport to go and win, especially having played in midweek.

We need to look after our own business on Saturday. There's nothing worse than results going your way, and then not keeping your side of the bargain.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s the hope that kills you.Look on the bright side , we get to play Derby’s against Plymouth again.
And if MKD get promoted on Saturday we can finally put Tis and MK behind us as they really will be out of our league!
Too many daft results , we can’t rely on other teams to do it for us.
Would not totally write off Argigle yet. Given their last game is in front of their own fans and although Scunthorpe still have something to fight for and I hope i’m wrong but I honestly cannot see them capitulating. Having said they could still go down if other results go against them but in truth I think a win will see them safe.