• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midlands Grecians

GRECIANS1904

I am based near Worcester and have spoken to a few city fans around that area the great western group meets to far away is there anyone interested in forming a midlands group meeting in say Brum??

Number13

This would have been fantastic when I lived in Evesham, but as I am back in Herts, its a no go.

Good luck tho.

stateless

Hi 1904.. there are 2 Midlands groups already, both pretty active in terms of attending games and sponsorship of players, beer and curries, that kind of thing, but neither are over Brum way.

The East Midlands Grecians are based in Leicester and Nottingham but have 'members' in Carlisle and Southampton - I say members because we have no subscription fees, its just a group of city fans who keep in touch by e-mail and drive each other to matches and do some fund raising too. Everybody is welcome, wherever you are if you cannot join a group already set up and closer to you. We'd be happy to hear from you.

There's also the Midlands Grecians, or South Mids Grecians, who are based around Milton Keynes and Northampton and that's organised by Al Yates, who posts on here as Thames Valley Red, and i'm sure they would be delighted to hear from you as well!

It's well worth getting in contact - it helps us with sponsorship if you can contribute, and the club do recognise us, at the moment unofficially but we are looking at some kind of affiliation, and the club has only recently asked for a list of all our details, trust membership numbers etc so IF we did get into the play-offs this year, or have to apply for tickets for matches next year, they will already have our details as a priority group. One database of contact names is being entered on behalf of both midlands groups to my knowledge.

The club got in contact with us, with Pete Minhinnett, and asked us to sort this out. Another reason to feel some real pride in the club we support!

Hammer44

Hi
Im moving to Swindon next month and wondered who to contact from that area for away games etc etc. Do I take it that its the group that meet up in Bristol??

Thanks

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guys, there is no such group as the Midlands Grecians/South Mids Grecians ... there is however a car of fans that travel together ...

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Guys, there is no such group as the Midlands Grecians/South Mids Grecians ... there is however a car of fans that travel together ...
Me and Mackster feel this comment demeans such official groups as the Kent / Essex Grecian Alliance, we don't just travel by car to games, sometimes we go on the train.

stateless

:) which is pretty much the same as us, add or take away a name. But the more people we can find the more organised we should become. We call ourselves EMG's and we shall call you lot the, errm, the lot with no name. That's terrible, we can't call you that.

GRECIANS1904

There is quite a gap between the 2 groups East Midlands and GWG who meet in Bristol thats why I wondered about perhaps setting a group up meeting in Brum which is only 20 mins and covers a big area would be interested if anyone has a space in car to share travel costs I drive also and its expensive for just one person to come down.

Ian Tarr

And so the West Midlands Grecians were born...... :)

Ian Tarr

Hi
Im moving to Swindon next month and wondered who to contact from that area for away games etc etc. Do I take it that its the group that meet up in Bristol??

Thanks
Correct, H44!

We are the Great Western Grecians, and we have a meeting coming up soon (see the thread @ http://exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31860 ).

Come and join us. You know it makes sense.