• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Message to the stay away City fans!

CITY CASUAL

Well to all you City fans who stayed away from the Plymouth match! You missed a cracker! One of the best nights following City! I bet you wish you went now! Big pat on the back to the 826 fans who did go! I am so glad i was one of them! UTC

ScrumpyJack

Most were probably down at the bigger game down the road, saltash vs exmouth town #realfootball

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well to all you City fans who stayed away from the Plymouth match! You missed a cracker! One of the best nights following City! I bet you wish you went now! Big pat on the back to the 826 fans who did go! I am so glad i was one of them! UTC
As am I.

Was a great performance and a great night!

UTC!!!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed - I do wish I was there but the fact it was a Tuesday night and I had two meetings that night meant it was a no... Then again given it would have been a 500m round trip, I'm guessing this wasn't necessarily aimed at me?

FAN-TATIC

My reason for not going had nothing to do with City. I absolutely refuse to put money into that Club's pockets after that disgraceful evening of the JPT game a couple of years ago. What I witnessed that night sickened me. I make no apologies for staying away even though it probably hurt me more than it did them.

Brilliant performance and result by our lads and two days on I'm still buzzing!!!!

Last edited:

CITY CASUAL

This is a dig at a lot of my mates who did not go! Then they kept ringing me & asking how it went & wishing they had gone! If you love this club you should make every effort to go to Plymouth! I know some people really can't make it! But a hell of a lot of you did not! If it had been Torquay away on tuesday we would had filled the away end! The police now have got it sorted down at Plymouth! Because every Exeter fan got home safe!

FAN-TATIC

The police now have got it sorted down at Plymouth! Because every Exeter fan got home safe!
This is what sickens me. It's a football match FFS, why should any fan think they might not be safe?

I have been to numerous away games elsewhere and I have never felt threatened. I've mingled with opposition fans in pubs and the Club's social club and not felt threatened. It's how it ought to be.

Last edited:

CITY CASUAL

This is what sickens me. It's a football match FFS, why should any fan think they might not be safe?

I have been to numerous away games elsewhere and I have never felt threatened. I've mingled with opposition fans in pubs and the Club's social club and not felt threatened. It's how it ought to be.
The police even backed up the supporters coaches right outside the away end turnstiles after the match! So City fans who came by coach did not have to walk into the car park! Which was a great idea.Shame they did not do that when we played them on that tuesday night in the SPT match!

Utter Terry

Three of us were told by police after the game that if we chose to walk through the park they could not protect us (punch)

rp42

Must say a big well done to Devons finest finally got it right with getting the coaches out a lot quicker too,great night enjoyed by me and the lad on his first visit to Gnome park(y)