• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Message to Both Boards.......

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This belief that nobody would be interested in purchasing the club is for me outdated as is the trust model IMO

The above doesn’t mean the trust doesn’t serve a purpose or not been a good thing as without it we wouldn’t still be here discussing ECFC now a lot of people have done a great job a lot of people deserve a lot of credit that goes without saying and for that we should all be grateful.

BUT…..

If you stand still people move past you and in football it happens fast , when things get comfy people get complacent, when complacency slips in results suffer and league positions drop.

A Sheikh isn’t coming in as much as we can all dream, but financial investment is out there….

For me being in league 1 when you consider we was in the conference and nearly out of business at one point shows that the trust has done a good job , but that seemingly is going to be the peak of its powers….

Everything is now in place to kick on , the training ground is impressive (i was out there watching my son the other weekend and things seemingly looked well organised) , SJP looks as good as it ever has , the experience of going to the game has never been better in terms of the fan zone , the centre spot , the information point , the club shop & the heritage lounge etc but all that corporate stuff doesn’t hide the cracks on the field when things are not going well.

League 1 IMO is good but why be good when you can be great? it’s a mindset and for me the mindset of the trust & those in charge is that this is as good as it’s ever going to get and we should all be forever grateful and accept that regardless of form or results - that for me annoys the hell out of me.

If Luton and Bournemouth are in the premier on average crowds of just over 10,000 it just shows it’s not impossible.
Don’t know an awful lot about the Luton situation, but reasonably sure Bournemouth were owned by a billionaire when they were first promoted to the Premier League and for most of the time thereafter.

Arthur Davey

Any Hollywood A listers want to buy a club?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

FanTactic

Could do with a big banner in the BB that says “Anyone can paint a banner Gary”

Reactions: Ash
Taggy is listed as a director on the Companies House website so one assumes he would have a vote. Perhaps you could get one of your ‘researchers’ [UK-based or otherwise] to investigate further! 😉
Read the Trust minutes, email Nick Hawker for confirmation, some of them are non-executive directors..

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could do with a big banner in the BB that says “Anyone can paint a banner Gary”
Be great if he could help.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read the Trust minutes, email Nick Hawker for confirmation, some of them are non-executive directors..
Being a Non-executive director doesn’t mean you don’t get a vote on board matters, it just means you’re not involved in the day to day operations of the business.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being a Non-executive director doesn’t mean you don’t get a vote on board matters, it just means you’re not involved in the day to day operations of the business.
Quite. Unless the Companies House website is incorrect [which is unlikely], Taggy remains a director, and will, therefore, get a vote.

And Al wonders why I asked him to elaborate on his suggestion the players might want GC gone!

Edward

Quite. Unless the Companies House website is incorrect [which is unlikely], Taggy remains a director, and will, therefore, get a vote.

And Al wonders why I asked him to elaborate on his suggestion the players might want GC gone!
This is not true and it is unfortunate that it is being presented as fact. I have taken a look through the Articles, and the Governance Manual and Club/Trust Agreement which are annexed into the Articles.

A worrying picture emerges.

It is hard to believe but the President of the Club (Taggy) does not have a vote as his presence on the board is as an Executive Director of the club and they are not entitled to a vote (per the definition of Executive Director in the Governance Manual).

Hawker doesn't have a vote either as he is the Chair of the Board and Article 12.5 states he is non-voting unless 75% of the remaining voting directors permit him to vote.

Tipper, the CEO, was removed from the Board in September but wouldn't have had a vote anyway as he would have been classified as an Executive Director.

There are seven voting members of the Board if they are following the Articiles. The three Trust-appointed directors - Beer, Chudley and Harrison - and the three Independent directors - Hart, Bawden and Rothwell - who are presumably serving as the three directors who can be appointed per 2.5.1 of the Governance Manual. Tagg and McQueenie must be the two Associate Directors permitted to be appointed by the club per the CTA.

I have no idea how you can run a club where the three key people - the President, the Chairman and the CEO - have no legal entitlement to vote on anything with only Hawker having the possibility but only if the rest of the board agree.

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

I’m very concerned about how things are going for us on the field.
I’ve no idea how the Trust or Club Board work.
I probably should, but I don’t, and imagine many other City supporters are likewise, whether that’s correct or not.
I only want the team to do well.
That’s not too much to ask, is it?