• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mercury music prize

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, The XX are deserved winners - the Mercury Music Prize should be awarded to something a bit different, and the album is just that. Hauntingly minimalist (is what I would say if I was a poncey NME reviewer).

greenawayr

Yep, The XX are deserved winners - the Mercury Music Prize should be awarded to something a bit different, and the album is just that. Hauntingly minimalist (is what I would say if I was a poncey NME reviewer).
I think that Everything Everything's album could be a contender for next year if the judges remember it, it's just been released so the timing isn't great. Bought it when it came out and have had it on loop ever since.

greenawayr

My favourite album from this years bunch was the Wild Beasts album. Got that one when it came out too, and was glad to see them shortlisted.

Your poncey NME review, would also apply to their album.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I would say is who?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I've only heard a couple of their songs, but have liked what I've heard. I suspect their album might be on my Christmas list.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
It's not bad, can't say I'm wild about every track, which I can say about my top 3 from the list of nominee's short listed. So I much prefer 'Mumford & Sons', 'Villagers' & 'Laura Marling's' albums.