• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mcallister no one striker.

I think big Mac is an out and out striker and i`d go as far as to say our only genuine one.
That is no disrespect to our other attackers who all offer something different,which is
needed when trying to break down stubborn defences.

His link up play with Logie in particular is fast and direct,little flicks and first time lay-offs,
it looks like the pair of them are on the same wavelength,a formidable partnership i-m-o.

surf123

macca seems to come on and change the game. yesterday macca and Loggie totally turned the game around and we looked like scoring. Tis may have a plan with Stanno running the defence raged but I agree it is a dangerous game to play leaving it until the last 20 to bring Macca on. Would love to see him start against Shrewsbury and try a different tactic. Maybe get Macca to start and score a couple and then bring Stanno on to run and run when their defence is 70mins into the game.

ECFC TOM

Is there anybody left out there who wants Mcallister as a super sub as it appears Tis thinks of him.

As Borat said, if he keeps scoring after coming off the bench, then I'm all for him being a ''super sub''.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
macca seems to come on and change the game. yesterday macca and Loggie totally turned the game around and we looked like scoring. Tis may have a plan with Stanno running the defence raged but I agree it is a dangerous game to play leaving it until the last 20 to bring Macca on. Would love to see him start against Shrewsbury and try a different tactic. Maybe get Macca to start and score a couple and then bring Stanno on to run and run when their defence is 70mins into the game.
Which away from home is probably a better tactic. Get a goal and then get Stansfield on to defend from the front which is what he is best at.

thermopylai

The bloke carries a threat and scores goals consistantly. Why he isn't staring and Stansfield, who is completely the opposite, does is a mystery that only Tisdale can answer.
And it is one he has answered:

Apparently Tis said on the radio last night that it was a deliberate tactic to use Adam to run the legs off of the Darlington defenders and then bring on Macc and Logie. As long as all of the players accept this then there shouldn't be a problem.
The reasonable question is to what extent does Tis balance tiring the opposition versus going for the killer blow. Stanno is one of those players (not unlike Bertie in this sense) whose effect on a game is cumulative - as opposed to Macca who, so far at least, is working as an impact player. It is far harder to appreciate the work the likes of Stanno do - hence the criticism he often seems to get on exeweb. This is what Tis sees in him, and yesterday he judged it perfectly. Hopefully he will continue to do so. To be honest, I'd much rather have a tactically aware style of management we have under Tis, than the "slap on the same 4-4-2 every week and hope" which has blighted English football in the past.

Btw the way - love the title of the thread! The "No one striker" sounds like a Horror movie...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently Tis said on the radio last night that it was a deliberate tactic to use Adam to run the legs off of the Darlington defenders and then bring on Macc and Logie. As long as all of the players accept this then there shouldn't be a problem.
Suits me fine. The goals also came before their sending off as well.

STURTZ

I have no problems with the way Tisdale is using McAlister, it seems to be working as far as I can see.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I suspect if he is offered a better chance of starting elsewhere he would seriously consider it.....
I don't. Why would he? He's already gone on record to say he's happy with Tis's tactics (in a previous Kellows Bootlaces) and he gets paid and if he scores he still gets his goal bonus, whether he's on the pitch for 90 minutes or 9. A good insentive imo. Tis told Logie and Big Mac yesterday he wanted them to produce 90 minutes football in 30.....and they did.

exesaddler

I understand that Tis feels Macca is not as effective for the whole 90 (fitness?). Of course he could start and be replaced 2nd half but then he is up against fresh defenders (if you know what I mean).

Pretty happy with the way things are at the moment and oppo teams (who have done their homework) know they may have to set themselves up against two different types of attack...not always easy to do.

Midland Red

Pretty happy with the way things are at the moment and oppo teams (who have done their homework) know they may have to set themselves up against two different types of attack...not always easy to do.
Couldn't agree more. Tis has said more than once that he picks 16 players to win the game implying that substitutes are just as important as those who start. Those who start aren't by definition better or less important than those on the bench since they are all part of a tactical plan. Modern football is a 14 player game which Tis is widely accepted as being very good at. Opposition managers such as Gary Waddock recognise this and so should we.