• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

McAlinden and Reid

Pobbop

We are all in agreement on this but 'Tis obviously has a very different opinion. His interview today James was brilliant.
The fact is James is there ATM, do you think Tis is going to come out and say "he's ****e but I can't find anyone to replace him".

I don't think he's as bad as many of you make out, but I would prefer someone better also.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pobbop he really is as bad as people make out. I've seen him have one decent and 2 average games since he's been with us. The rest he's been poor. Admittedly I've only seen the home games.

It wouldn't be so bad if he scored the odd goal here and there but he doesn't even get close.

How many has he scored for us? Is it 1?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with this ....... unless Stockley is a replacement for a Wheeler ....
In previous seasons with the exception of last season, when he really came into his own, Wheeler always seemed to flatter to deceive. As others have said his real strength now appears his ability in the air an element of the game in which Stockley also excels so on that basis should Wheeler move he could be a good replacement.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact is James is there ATM, do you think Tis is going to come out and say "he's ****e but I can't find anyone to replace him".

I don't think he's as bad as many of you make out, but I would prefer someone better also.
Forgive me asking you this but have you seen him playing live many times? I have said elsewhere I would love him to do a Woody but I cannot see any evidence of this likely to happen.

Against Lincoln he gave the ball away on too many occasions, misplaced a number of passes and generally made a number of basic mistakes and wrong decisions. His performance against Cambridge was similar capping it off by missing an open goal. He works hard and does not hide but so far at least IMHO does look to have the ability to be an EFL player.

Having said all that judging from Tisdale's interview today he obviously rates him.

Pobbop

Forgive me asking you this but have you seen him playing live many times? I have said elsewhere I would love him to do a Woody but I cannot see any evidence of this likely to happen.

Against Lincoln he gave the ball away on too many occasions, misplaced a number of passes and generally made a number of basic mistakes and wrong decisions. His performance against Cambridge was similar capping it off by missing an open goal. He works hard and does not hide but so far at least IMHO does look to have the ability to be an EFL player.

Having said all that judging from Tisdale's interview today he obviously rates him.
I have seen him play many times yes, he is decent in positioning and knows what his job is. I've said I don't think he's great, I would prefer someone else, but I could honestly name about 25 mids that where worse in my 40 years of watching. Again Tis isn't going to slag off a player in his, ATM, winning team, and why should he? Again we're winning.

Anyway, I like how Reid has changed from a target-man, to more the goal-poacher he was with Argyle, letting Liam do the running and set him up It all seems to be working in an amazing way.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tis isn't going to slag off a player in his, ATM, winning team, and why should he?.
Agree with this. I'm not James' biggest fan by any means but I don't think that simply because Tis bigs him up in public necessarily means he rates him either. Actually I can't think of an occasion when the manager has singled out a player for a poor performance. I don't think he does that. Can't think of any manager who does.

IndoMike

Difficult to slag off a player if you picked him.

Spoonz Red E

I don't think that simply because Tis bigs him up in public necessarily means he rates him either.
Picking him every game suggests that he does 'though.

Pobbop

Agree with this. I'm not James' biggest fan by any means but I don't think that simply because Tis bigs him up in public necessarily means he rates him either. Actually I can't think of an occasion when the manager has singled out a player for a poor performance. I don't think he does that. Can't think of any manager who does.
Think Mourinho has done it a few times, other managers too, it's generally when they want their player out and replaced by a big money player. Shaw for instance.

Well-known Exeweb poster
plan A reid and macca look decent, but if jay and simpson are plan b then its a concern .