• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Maxted or Ward

C j phill

Noticeable from the highlights that, Collins for the first and Sweeney for the second, looked at the danger man who ultimately scored, were aware of the danger, and then ignored them and left them to run on to the ball to score.
I like him as a tidy, midfield player but its not uncommon for Collins to let his opponent run past him, in to dangerous positions.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking like a Ward landslide on the early votes.
Dare I say neither.

Red Devon

Jokull is head and shoulders above both of them but that ship has probably already sailed unless we can get up this season.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The current keeper situation with the two of them vying for the shirt isn't a bad thing at all. In terms of ability they are quite close as opposed to, say, Pym and Hammy. I don't groan when the team is announced stating who got the nod.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ward is more than capable at this level, he's a good keeper.

Maxted makes some great saves at times however his overall game often isn't good enough.

Ward should be our number 1, it shouldn't even be a question.

Alistair20000

Dare I say neither.
Depends if the OP permitted that or whether it was "we have these two so choose one of them and no other options available"

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd say it's 50:50. Both are decent L2 keepers.

But... I have a programme signed by Ward.

So it has to be him. ;)

robchave

Can we have the Ward before his injury last season?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Noticeable from the highlights that, Collins for the first and Sweeney for the second, looked at the danger man who ultimately scored, were aware of the danger, and then ignored them and left them to run on to the ball to score.
Agree with this, but Hartridge is also culpable for the first goal as he would have seen him and should have tracked the run. I like Hartridge and think he will become a very good CB for City. Unfortunately he is still learning the game and in most games he has played this season he has been at fault for a goal.

Ash

Jokull. Lewis. Jonny.
In that order.