• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
You think anyone gives a monkeys about a tower that's ever so slightly askew, apart from architecture enthusiasts? Wow.
Poor example. My wife has no interest in football or architecture, yet she'll know about the leaning tower but not about a piece of metal stuck to a brick wall at Anfield. Go back to looking at pictures your mate eating hot dogs if thats what you like to get up to.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love the polarisation on this sign subtopic.

The sign as an object is important to some - on the same level as people wanted to preserve some signage when the Old Grandstand was demolished.
The message on the sign has emotional value in that when players touch it it reminds them of the history and significance of where they are playing.
The sign is also unimportant to those who aren't particularly tuned in or invested in those notions.

The Rotherham crest on the floor of the dressing room is just having a go at the lino ...

Spoonz Red E

Basically, put signs to one side for a minute and get back on with the thread.

I would not swap MT for GC
Me neither.
A bit like the sign debate paradox.

They both had the same job but their jobs are different.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor example. My wife has no interest in football or architecture, yet she'll know about the leaning tower but not about a piece of metal stuck to a brick wall at Anfield. Go back to looking at pictures your mate eating hot dogs if thats what you like to get up to.
My wife enjoys a wonky erection as well, but lots of people take photos of themselves pointing at that sign. Back on topic though, Taylor needs to take some time out IMO.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Spoonz chips in it's a sign.

iscalad

You think they all know or care about a bloody sign? Wow.
I care about the one's that point me to the toilet.

Average Joe

Taylor needs to take some time out IMO.
Why? He still has a job at Rovers, coming up the end of the season where he will take some time to evaluate the playing squad and improve with a good budget, plus he won Manager of the month 4 months ago.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why? He still has a job at Rovers, coming up the end of the season where he will take some time to evaluate the playing squad and improve with a good budget, plus he won Manager of the month 4 months ago.
Well, we'll see won't we. I don't think he should quit. Probably shouldn't have taken the job though, IMO.

Alistair20000

Basically, put signs to one side for a minute and get back on with the thread.

I would not swap MT for GC
We already have GC so have you got this the wrong way round ?

Maybe this pedantic point will replace the signs debate :unsure:

iscalad

We already have GC so have you got this the wrong way round ?

Maybe this pedantic point will replace the signs debate :unsure:
Always like a bit of pedantry.