• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually you'd be surprised. I suspect there are a number of tourists who come to the UK specifically to see their beloved team, including a stadium tour, where at Anfield the sign is probably one of the highlights.
If you're a Liverpool fan yes but the argument is that outside of being a Liverpool fan you wouldn't have a desire to see it.

Boyo

You are correct with your numbers, but at the end of the day its just a sign. Its not one of the seven wonders of the world or anything else spectacular to look at. When foreign tourists visit the UK, even if they're passionate football fans they're not thinking, we must go to Anfield and see the sign, in fact I'd advise any foreign tourists to stay as far away from Liverpool as possible.
"Almost 340,000 fans have visited Anfield to experience the stadium tour and visit the museum over the past 12 months," according to this: https://marketingliverpool.co.uk/2020/02/21/liverpool-fc-stadium-tour-and-museum-wins-industry-award/#:~:text=Almost 340, 000 fans have,sixth UEFA Champions League trophy.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you're a Liverpool fan yes but the argument is that outside of being a Liverpool fan you wouldn't have a desire to see it.
My mates just in Chicago on holiday. Sent me some pictures of himself eating hotdogs (because he's a hotdog fan) and of himself at Wrigley Field baseball ground because (a) he's a massive fan of the Chicago cubs or (b) just because? What do you reckon?

Love a pointless argument, me.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
My mates just in Chicago on holiday. Sent me some pictures of himself eating hotdogs (because he's a hotdog fan) and of himself at Wrigley Field baseball ground because (a) he's a massive fan of the Chicago cubs or (b) just because? What do you reckon?

Love a pointless argument, me.
I have no idea why you're talking about hot dogs or who your mate is. I just personally don't think the 'This is Anfield' sign is an iconic British landmark that anyone outside of Liverpool FC really gives a sh!t about, or even knows about.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Almost 340,000 fans have visited Anfield to experience the stadium tour and visit the museum over the past 12 months," according to this: https://marketingliverpool.co.uk/2020/02/21/liverpool-fc-stadium-tour-and-museum-wins-industry-award/#:~:text=Almost 340, 000 fans have,sixth UEFA Champions League trophy.
That's great, I assume to look at the stadium and the vast numbers of trophies in the museum.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have no idea why you're talking about hot dogs or who your mate is. I just personally don't think the 'This is Anfield' sign is an iconic British landmark that anyone outside of Liverpool FC really gives a sh!t about, or even knows about.
That's a shame. I thought it was fairly straightfoward to understand.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are billions of football fans in the world and millions of Liverpool fans all over the globe.
You think they all know or care about a bloody sign? Wow.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You think they all know or care about a bloody sign? Wow.
You think anyone gives a monkeys about a tower that's ever so slightly askew, apart from architecture enthusiasts? Wow.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
You think anyone gives a monkeys about a tower that's ever so slightly askew, apart from architecture enthusiasts? Wow.
Or some tiny picture of some woman with a wonky smile

Average Joe

Basically, put signs to one side for a minute and get back on with the thread.

I would not swap MT for GC