• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - player of the season

I think Matty T should form an alliance with Ryan Harley to provide us with a stable Player Of The Year which we can rely on and which will settle the markets.

Am I right in saying that under proportional representation, Ryan Taylor would have won the prize?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Fully deserved , the bloke is a rock.

if he had a bit more pace he could easily play for a championship side if not premier league team , said it before but reminds me of Roger Johnson who is at Birmingham , old skool.

Week in week out performs.

LammieLammieLammie

Pace isn't it, a lack of it means he can't play at a higher level.
Complete and utter cack. You can get by without pace when you have bravery and leadership.

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Complete and utter cack. You can get by without pace when you have bravery and leadership.
Yep. When I'm not about to hit the sack I will provide a list of slow yet brilliant centre backs who have played football at the highest level :)

LammieLammieLammie

Bobby Moore is probably top of my list...

SDRighton

Pace also doesn't matter when you are launching yourself through the air, which Taylor seems to spend half his time doing. I remember one header against Leeds at home where he basically began his jump in the penalty area and connected with it on the edge of the centre circle (slight exaggeration possible).

The man's "air speed" has to be taken into account in any pace analaysis.

Cravat

That thread is quite funny!

NilesCrane

I was thinking to myself what would've been the fans reaction on Saturday to the Player of The Year if we lost 1-0 and Matt Taylor's error had sent us down. Thankfully it didn't happen.

I do remember a number of City fans complaining when Tisdale came to City saying "from Team Bath????? We''ve got no ambition!" And then when he brought Matt Taylor with him...........

Last edited:

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking to myself what would've been the fans reaction on Saturday to the Player of The Year if we lost 1-0 and Matt Taylor's error had sent us down. Thankfully it didn't happen.

I do remember a number of City fans complaining when Tisdale came to City saying "from Team Bath????? We''ve got no ambition!" And then when he brought Matt Taylor with him...........
Tis didnt bring Taylor with him, we signed him a year after Tis arrived!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Agree with you LLL 'Shaun Taylor' was never the quickest either; but he went on to play at the top level.