• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Gill possible record?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
:D:D:D

He never scores more than one a game, which is a worry.

LOG

I can imagine him doing "Hear the drummer get wicked".

LammieLammieLammie

:D

I can imagine his goal celebration if he does.

Antony Moxey

Wonder if he'll take the penalty if we get one next week?

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

The way he's finishing right now, he'd score the penner no worries. That looked like a class finish yesterday (on TV)

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
The way he's finishing right now, he'd score the penner no worries. That looked like a class finish yesterday (on TV)
t.a.f.k.a.g.g. Whats the initials stand for ? (I'm coming up with all sorts of possibilities)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
t.a.f.k.a.g.g. Whats the initials stand for ? (I'm coming up with all sorts of possibilities)
Don't quote me on this, but I *think* it's "The Artist Formerly Known As Gemini Grecian" - in a play on Prince being TAFKAP for a time.

Back to Gill - I think this scoring run is symptomatic of how he has been allowed to play under the regime of having Edwards in the holding role. Gill is making so many runs beyond the last man as a result, which is great.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't quote me on this, but I *think* it's "The Artist Formerly Known As Gemini Grecian" .

Spot on Jase

Poultice

Back to Gill - I think this scoring run is symptomatic of how he has been allowed to play under the regime of having Edwards in the holding role. Gill is making so many runs beyond the last man as a result, which is great.
How does that fit with the majority of last season when the two played together but Gill hardly got forward at all ?

I think it might be to do with only playing one up front and Gilly feeling freer because of our more defensive posture. Whatever it is I am all for it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, he did get forward plenty when Edwards moved upfield. I remember a cracking strike against Altrincham that was very similar in the making to his goal at Macc.