• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Match DVDs

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Please, please, please, please, please release today's DVD of the match so we can purchase. Surely it would be a best seller!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A good shout i would buy a couple of these for xmas presents

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too. Might be worth contacting the club, Hants. To see if it was possible, good fundraiser for the Floodlight Fund perhaps?

They used to record the whole game, not sure if they still do.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The whole game was played in the Centre Sport after the game!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well obviously I wasn't there so wasn't aware of that. As I said, might be worth contacting the club or getting on to someone in the trust or supporters club to see if they could get these on sale.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which means it can be burned onto a DVD ?

Bittners a Legend

I'm fairly certain that it is a Football League requirement for the home side to provide the away side with a DVD copy of the full 90 minute game so the club should definitely have it. No idea what the club do with the copies they produce but it's one reason why I've been baffled that the club (purely as a feel good thing rather than to make big bucks) haven't released season review DVD's from several of our recent successful seasons.

I doubt there is much money to be made from releasing it but I imagine you could comfortably sell a few hundred minimum at about £10 a go if you made them available online. It wouldn't require a great deal of effort...you never know somebody like Grecian Max might even be willing to design a cover for the DVD free of charge.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a perfect example of how 'small time' we are as a club. We beat a team who are (and have been for years) struggling in relegation battles thanks to a couple late goals and we want to make a DVD of it. No wonder we never get anywhere as a club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Which means it can be burned onto a DVD ?
They would have used a DVD. It was a pity I couldn't have stayed for the re-run of the 2nd half.

I've dropped off match DVDs to the chief scout last season.

The DVDs are without commentary and minimal camera work, no focussing in. Plus they don't stop the recording for half time!

Peterborough United have quite a good catalogue on line. I bought from them the DVD of the 2-2 draw at SJP a few seasons back, which I hadn't attended.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got a copy of the win against Sheff Weds a few seasons ago, the camera work wasn't too bad on that one. Don't recall having half time recorded. Was good to watch back again and my lad enjoyed as he missed that game.