• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Massive Week

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
..and I think Tillson would be a great addition to helping us keep solid in defence.
..and agree with this too. Tillson seems to be dismissed far too easily by many on here.

Doug3101

Lincoln will prove to be a better side than MK Dons, with plenty of fire power. We need our midfield to be on top form, and I think Tillson would be a great addition to helping us keep solid in defence.
Maybe Tillson instead of Boateng?
Only managed one game this season and I'm wondering if comments would suggest that H.B's form is that of someone who doesn't want to be here any more.
He was signed on the back of a Play Off final and the notion that the Club could go one better. Didn't happen and the man that sold him the dream walked away.
Maybe he wants out.

STURTZ

Bad start to our massive week and the seeds of future despair sown with injuries and suspensions for key players. Got to be a case of playing Sparkes, Croll, Jay, Abrahams, Oates, O Shea and Collins.

The Lincoln game is a priority.

fred binneys head

..and agree with this too. Tillson seems to be dismissed far too easily by many on here.
Not sure he’s “dismissed” Geoff, but all the city fans I know (plus a few I met on the train at Morecambe the other week) all think the same thing - he’s great defensively, gets stuck in, tracks back, brave as a lion, etc - but he can’t pass the ball very well. Therefore he looks good when making last ditch tackles, or tackles which put the ball out of play, but if he is given the ball he inevitably gives it back to the opposition.

The concensus* view therefore is he’s a good squad player who will be right for certain games, or certain times in games, but wouldn’t be an automatic starter.

*concensus from my perfectly scientific study that was done all proper and that, with samples and stuff

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure he’s “dismissed” Geoff, but all the city fans I know (plus a few I met on the train at Morecambe the other week) all think the same thing - he’s great defensively, gets stuck in, tracks back, brave as a lion, etc - but he can’t pass the ball very well.
If he was great defensively and could pass the ball very well he wouldn't be anywhere near league 2, he'd be playing a lot higher.

It's a question of whether he makes us a better, more balanced team, our midfield yesterday wasn't balanced enough imho.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad start to our massive week and the seeds of future despair sown with injuries and suspensions for key players. Got to be a case of playing Sparkes, Croll, Jay, Abrahams, Oates, O Shea and Collins.

The Lincoln game is a priority.
Lincoln is the priority however we need a solid spine against Fulham, a 5, 6, 7 - 0 drubbing won't do anyone any good.

fred binneys head

If he was great defensively and could pass the ball very well he wouldn't be anywhere near league 2, he'd be playing a lot higher.
One of the most oft-used and ridiculous statements on here. So we can’t expect a professional footballer to be able to make a tackle and pass the ball to a teammate? If they can, they should be playing in the championship or premier league?

Your avatar is appropriate.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the most oft-used and ridiculous statements on here. So we can’t expect a professional footballer to be able to make a tackle and pass the ball to a teammate? If they can, they should be playing in the championship or premier league?

Your avatar is appropriate.
OK then, name a player we have had in recent years who is / was great defensively and could pass the ball very well.

I think you are the idiot who doesn't know what he is typing, remember I am quoting your words.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Lincoln is the priority however we need a solid spine against Fulham, a 5, 6, 7 - 0 drubbing won't do anyone any good.
Don't think our squad is that bad, all players can and should be able to slot into the first team. Expect Fulham to play a second string anyway, be good experiences for our young 'uns and hopefully they can push some of the underperforming senior players for a league start.

As for your poser to Fred, err...how about Moore Taylor for a start?

Last edited:

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Moxey was a solid replacement for Troy Brown at Cambridge. Yes, his mistakes cost us against Newport and today, however, he should be back in the starting XI as soon as he is available again.

are you in contact with the Yorkshire Grecians ?