• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Stewart: The Man, The Legend

Willy Nilly

What will be your memories of Stewart in a City shirt?

For me, his best game was the one at home against Port Vale. We took an early lead but then silly sausage Seaborne was sent off and we were down to ten men in a much postponed game that we needed to win.

Stewart came on. Steadied the rocking ship superbly and completely controlled the game. He slowed it down and completely neutralised the threat from Port Vale.

We won the game. Got the three points and got promotion. That game was pivotal.

Grecian1966

What will be your memories of Stewart in a City shirt?

For me, his best game was the one at home against Port Vale. We took an early lead but then silly sausage Seaborne was sent off and we were down to ten men in a much postponed game that we needed to win.

Stewart came on. Steadied the rocking ship superbly and completely controlled the game. He slowed it down and completely neutralised the threat from Port Vale.

We won the game. Got the three points and got promotion. That game was pivotal.
Firstly well done on putting a balancing thread that is positive. The guy's had a long and very successful career albeit we didn't see him at his peak. Carlisle away for me with that cheeky pen.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 against Rochdale at Spotland... big game, happy to come away with a point.

Grecian_Jay

Him ambling around contriving to slow any attack down before falling over.

I do however remember him being outstanding for Huiddersfield and Ipswich though and they will actually be my memories of him.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Excellent (surprisingly) against Huddersfield on last day of last season. Kept the ball and used it very well playing just behind Ryan Taylor.

Phil Sayers

Very, very good away at Yeovil last season although he did manage to miss a sitter.

greenawayr

Thought he was absolutely awesome in the 2-0 win of Leeds United. Competed for everything in the air and held the ball up beautifully.

He's had a superb career and should be respected for that.

les.gtfc

Will be glad to see the back of him to be honest. ;)

Scored a few against us in his time, including the equaliser the last time you played here IIRC. Not that he was in any danger of bothering us again soon but no doubt he'll pop up in a couple of seasons as player-manager of Truro City to haunt us again. :D

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be glad to see the back of him to be honest. ;)

Scored a few against us in his time, including the equaliser the last time you played here IIRC. Not that he was in any danger of bothering us again soon but no doubt he'll pop up in a couple of seasons as player-manager of Truro City to haunt us again. :D
Close - it was the first goal ... and my fave Stewart memory ...

We win a free kick, Deano spots an open Stewart and finds him with a 30 yard pass ... Stewart takes it to the edge of the box and curls into the top corner...

Total class ... and only witnessed by 70 away fans due to the snow that week ... most fans couldnt get out of Exeter ...

the goal made the long(ish) journey v worthwhile....

les.gtfc

Close - it was the first goal ... and my fave Stewart memory ...

We win a free kick, Deano spots an open Stewart and finds him with a 30 yard pass ... Stewart takes it to the edge of the box and curls into the top corner...

Total class ... and only witnessed by 70 away fans due to the snow that week ... most fans couldnt get out of Exeter ...

the goal made the long(ish) journey v worthwhile....
But was it or was it not the equaliser or did that make it 1-0 to you.

Last edited: