• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Haber

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alright children. Calm down.

As Missy says when it posts its trolling material. "Just my opinion"

Last edited:

P E S

Afternoon all, Albion fan here.

Apologies for posting on 'the word on well street' but seeing as there was already a thread going on the subject I had in mind, I thought I may as well add to it.

I've seen all his goals on youtube (his basketball's not to be sniffed at either) and read quite a few reports on him when we signed him. I got the impression that he had the potential to be like (for want of someone else to compare him with) Crouch, only shorter but with a better first touch and pace.

Disappointed he's not done anything for you guys yet, I expect he'll stay 'til the end of the season unless you send him back.
Granted he's still young (21?) and is settling in to a different country, different team, different way of playing, I still thought he'd bag a few.
Is he sh*t, or is he finding his feet?
Before you answer, let me give you an example.
We had (until he got injured) Roman Bednar playing as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 and he was playing brilliantly. But, prior to playing 4-5-1 formation, and even a few games into that, he was like a shadow of the player that played a part in our promotion season, and people were saying we should get rid. Then, his fitness kicked in, the formation suited him, he started putting them away and all was forgiven (forgotten in a lot of cases)
I guess what I'm trying to say is, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, and for a time, the collective thoughts on Bednar was he should go. Until he went on a scoring run.
I've read what you have said about Haber, and you haven't written him off just yet, although it looks like you are close. Bearing in mind he has a good touch and pace (hopefully - you tell me) so doesn't necessarily need to be played as a target man (I'm not sure he could hold the ball up, win the headers yes) do you think he's
Sh*t
In the wrong position
In the wrong formation
In the wrong country
Finding his fitness
Getting used to the English game
A tit that comes from a country that isn't France but uses the French language

Sorry I've gone on a bit, dunno what came over me.

All the best today and for the remainder of the season.

The real St James Park.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Afternoon all, Albion fan here.

Apologies for posting on 'the word on well street' but seeing as there was already a thread going on the subject I had in mind, I thought I may as well add to it.

I've seen all his goals on youtube (his basketball's not to be sniffed at either) and read quite a few reports on him when we signed him. I got the impression that he had the potential to be like (for want of someone else to compare him with) Crouch, only shorter but with a better first touch and pace.

Disappointed he's not done anything for you guys yet, I expect he'll stay 'til the end of the season unless you send him back.
Granted he's still young (21?) and is settling in to a different country, different team, different way of playing, I still thought he'd bag a few.
Is he sh*t, or is he finding his feet?
Before you answer, let me give you an example.
We had (until he got injured) Roman Bednar playing as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 and he was playing brilliantly. But, prior to playing 4-5-1 formation, and even a few games into that, he was like a shadow of the player that played a part in our promotion season, and people were saying we should get rid. Then, his fitness kicked in, the formation suited him, he started putting them away and all was forgiven (forgotten in a lot of cases)
I guess what I'm trying to say is, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, and for a time, the collective thoughts on Bednar was he should go. Until he went on a scoring run.
I've read what you have said about Haber, and you haven't written him off just yet, although it looks like you are close. Bearing in mind he has a good touch and pace (hopefully - you tell me) so doesn't necessarily need to be played as a target man (I'm not sure he could hold the ball up, win the headers yes) do you think he's
Sh*t
In the wrong position
In the wrong formation
In the wrong country
Finding his fitness
Getting used to the English game
A tit that comes from a country that isn't France but uses the French language

Sorry I've gone on a bit, dunno what came over me.

All the best today and for the remainder of the season.

The real St James Park.
Thanks for your best wishes mate. Part of the problem is he is playing in a side which has had a bad run with team confidence low and lack of decent ball to the strikers. For what its worth I think Haber has potential at L1 level but he has not delivered yet.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem is that we are looking for a quick fix in a striker who will bang them in match after match. I myself saw so tidy football from him and liked a few touches into the play he had, not written off here but await the click that will earn us points

Tada

newburygrecian

I like him. He's got a great touch and good skills. He's also a bit of a beast. He does like a run with the ball, but he's not that quick. I do think he's still working on his match fitness and hasn't had the chances with us to see if he can finish.

Oli

He was ok for the brief time I saw him play. Wouldn't get too excited to be honest. It was a difficult situation for him to come in to, not sure he will make it at the level you are at however.

Best of luck to the lad.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the look of him when I saw him.

OfficialECFC

LammieLammieLammie

Did a job.

Shame he didn't give a goal threat, but won us the corner in the 90th v Rovers...

STURTZ

Just showed the difference between Canadian "soccer" and English League football.

I'm sure he has some nice touches and is a dab hand at keepy uppy but you just don't get the chance for those kind of fripperies.

Having said all that if he adds steel to his game he'll be a good player.