• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Haber

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's pretty clear to me that Logan, McAllister and Watson won't be here next season. The step up is too large and that has been evident. I also don't see us going long term with Fleetwood, and the jury is still out on Corr. Norwood is one for the future, and I think he'll still be here next year. As for being 'naffed off', at this point of the season, it's not about 'proving your worth' anymore, it's about getting results. IMHO the 3 I mentioned are only still here because we are paying their wages and they give us depth. Tis has shown no inclination to use them at this level on any consistent basis, which knowing the man, means everything.
Which strikers will still be arounf I think depends on which level City are playing at. Some of them getting released was bound to happen, whether we are in L1 and L2, as Watson and Macca have already been surplus to requirements. Logie only marginally less so.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're not number 1, you're not number 1......
If we sung that, at least we would be singing it for most of the game ;)

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
If we sung that, at least we would be singing it for most of the game ;)
Very true but nobody would join in and people would get angry, it's on the list of chants that cause friction along with all anti-argyle chants and the Barry Corr chant, not really worth the hassle for a chant

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's pretty clear to me that Logan, McAllister and Watson won't be here next season. The step up is too large and that has been evident. I also don't see us going long term with Fleetwood, and the jury is still out on Corr. Norwood is one for the future, and I think he'll still be here next year. As for being 'naffed off', at this point of the season, it's not about 'proving your worth' anymore, it's about getting results. IMHO the 3 I mentioned are only still here because we are paying their wages and they give us depth. Tis has shown no inclination to use them at this level on any consistent basis, which knowing the man, means everything.
Considering Mcallister and Watson have hardly played how can you say it is evident that the step up is too much,

I am not saying they are good enough for this level, the fact is we don't know as they have not been given a chance, it is clear to see that Tisdale does not trust them at this level

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Considering Mcallister and Watson have hardly played how can you say it is evident that the step up is too much,
I am not saying they are good enough for this level, the fact is we don't know as they have not been given a chance, it is clear to see that Tisdale does not trust them at this level
He has a point.

GrecianInWales

Ok, well I've got a few footballing contacts in the US / Canada and put out the question to them. Several of him have actually seen him play (compared to none of us on here).

The consensus ranges from a 'terrific player' to one who consistently impresses. Vancouver play at USL-1 level, which is comparable to lower L1 level, and has a reputation for developing younger players.

They also described him as mature for his age and an excellent prospect - I get the impression a lot of Whitecaps fans would have liked to hold onto him for as and when they become an MLS expansion team.

Again, none of us have seen him play or know how he'll fare in L1, but the reports from the Whitecaps and MLS / USL fans seem very positive indeed.

Boston Red

Considering Mcallister and Watson have hardly played how can you say it is evident that the step up is too much...it is clear to see that Tisdale does not trust them at this level
That's all I need. He has coached them both for the best part of 2 years and doesn't think they are good enough.

That, and the fact that McAllister is 29 and spent most of his career in the BSP, and Watson came from Grays as a 'development' player 2 years ago and has started 5 games. Not exactly a lot of evidence to the contrary is there?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's all I need. He has coached them both for the best part of 2 years and doesn't think they are good enough.

That, and the fact that McAllister is 29 and spent most of his career in the BSP, and Watson came from Grays as a 'development' player 2 years ago and has started 5 games. Not exactly a lot of evidence to the contrary is there?
Watson has been knocking them in for the reserves though

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

If that is the case why were they retained this season ?

Boston Red

If that is the case why were they retained this season ?
Watson was already contracted, Macca, I can't remember.

I should clarify that I don't think either are terrible players, and I think they are both decent squad members...I just don't think that either are good enough to start 20+ games at this level and I assume our manager agrees.