• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

March 2018 Points Prediction Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I sense this could turn out to be a controversy of epic proportions. I advise you to refer to the Exeweb Arbitration Committee, headed by no other than Major IndoMike, prawn sandwich preparer for the rich and famous ( i.e. ECFC BoD) and occasional snake meat eater. Thank you.
I am content to submit to a ruling from an independent judge from the Colonies with great experience of these matters but remember we cannot entirely rule out Lionel rearing up if he feels he is being usurped.

Over to you Indo.

Assuming Stroudy agrees of course.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

If Al feels unable to declare himself the winner of his own competition then Indo's help is undoubtedly desired. Temukan kebenarannya Indo ;)

Anyway, I'm off to Stonehenge now for some belated Ostara celebrations (y)

Alistair20000

Declaring oneself as the winner might be seen (by some) as ambidextrous.

As for celebrating Ostara I am beginning to wonder if the Stroudmeister ever does any work. Lent, Ostara/Stonehenge, Spain, Wembley...............

Last edited:

IndoMike

If Al feels unable to declare himself the winner of his own competition then Indo's help is undoubtedly desired. Temukan kebenarannya Indo ;)

Anyway, I'm off to Stonehenge now for some belated Ostara celebrations (y)
Percaya denganku. Saya selalu mengikuti yg benar. But, since Log is a more senior Ex-Weber I feel i need to consult with him to avoid friction on the commitee. Log, sorry to trouble you but could you PM me with your opinion. And Ali, do you have an official set of rules?

IndoMike

Declaring oneself as the winner might be seen (by some) as ambidextrous.

As for celebrating Ostara I am beginning to wonder if the Stroudmeister ever does any work. Lent, Ostara/Stonehenge, Spain, Wembley...............
Bleddy Stroudy. He even has a better time than me. I bet when he drops his buttered toast it always lands on the dry side..

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Bleddy Stroudy. He even has a better time than me. I bet when he drops his buttered toast it always lands on the dry side..
I doubt that the flawless one ever drops anything but if he did it would land on the dry side. More likely to be a Tartex canapé mind. :)

Alistair20000

Percaya denganku. Saya selalu mengikuti yg benar. But, since Log is a more senior Ex-Weber I feel i need to consult with him to avoid friction on the commitee. Log, sorry to trouble you but could you PM me with your opinion. And Ali, do you have an official set of rules?
If you look at the OP it suggests workings should go down to goals too which implies a prior filter. If you look at earlier tie breaks you will see I start with the correct number of results predicted and if that is tied I drill down into goals. A points system has never come into other than getting the right number of points at stage 1 of course. The Logster is a cerebral and fair minded fellow. I hope he has time to help you. His services are much in demand.

Last edited:

IndoMike

If you look at the OP it suggests workings should go down to goals too which implies a prior filter. If you look at earlier tie breaks you will see I start with the correct number of results predicted and if that is tied I drill down into goals. A points system has never come into other than getting the right number of points at stage 1 of course. The Logster is a cerebral and fair minded fellow. I hope he has time to help you. His services are much in demand.
At the moment he is busy dealing with VAT and Trust contributions. I will peruse the rules, form an opinion, and hopefully compare with Log. If Log is unavailable due to problems opening drawers and tearing tissue off tissue rolls I will be obliged to make an executive decision. I will report back at 8.30 WIB, God willing.

IndoMike

Due to the fact that my dearest wants me to go out for a walk with her, I have to bring forward the announcement of the winner of the March Prediction Thread.

IndoMike

i have perused the "rules" on the OP, which to be honest are slightly ambiguous and need to be tidied up