• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Fareham Grecian

Re: Last Nights Match

That's you opinion of course..but stop trying to derail this thread..:p Its about last nights match.
I think you'll find it's about Ribeiro's 'op' now!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are only 10th in the league and really need to win at home on Saturday, we have a very difficult away game at Morcambe after that.
I see the Morecambe as more winnable to be honest but I would be happy with a minimum of two points from these two fixtures. Those would be decent results.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes,puzzling, because they were sixth...

(I wonder when the last time was we won successive away games against sides in the top six)
Mansfield's wins, as pointed out by Exeweb's excellent match preview, have come exclusively against sides struggling at the bottom.

Mark Wakeley

http://mansfield-musings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/mansfield-well-beaten-by-exeter.html

Can't argue with much of that.

I thought Exeter were a very good side who simply outplayed us. If I were a betting man I'd have a tenner on them for automatic promotion. Remember they beat the leaders on Saturday so that performance was probably not a one off

Sad to see the return to lump it forward in the air as that was never going to work. We have to start with Green and Yussuf on Saturday as we looked slightly better when they were together with each getting a bit more room.

Just a couple of posts on the Stags forum.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://mansfield-musings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/mansfield-well-beaten-by-exeter.html

Can't argue with much of that.

I thought Exeter were a very good side who simply outplayed us. If I were a betting man I'd have a tenner on them for automatic promotion. Remember they beat the leaders on Saturday so that performance was probably not a one off

Sad to see the return to lump it forward in the air as that was never going to work. We have to start with Green and Yussuf on Saturday as we looked slightly better when they were together with each getting a bit more room.
They're the type of team we find it difficult to beat at home though aren't they?

grecianstew

First heard about this op last week, but since then he has played 170 minutes inside 4 days, so not quite sure what to make of it.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an excellent thoughtful well written match report.

(I quite liked the content too!(

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How good is the build up from the back for Grant's goal.

[video=youtube;v5_PmXNk15c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_PmXNk15c[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_PmXNk15c

DanceMagnet

Hopefully, the last two results will be the springboard to a good run. It just shows the quality is there if it can be harnessed.

MTFC Musings

Thanks for your kind comments about my match report guys.

Very impressed with your side, particularly Ribeiro, Noble and Grant. I have to say though we were completely awful, but it was down to the tactics of your side, your players just seemed to want it more.

Hats off to any of you who made the journey down on a Tuesday night!

Best of luck for the remainder of the season!