• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Management of Change - Exeter City

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
...I’m going to write mine on how, using change theories, Exeter City can move away from being fan owned and a big investor comes in......
As part of managing change, I would like to get a view about fan’s feelings on this type of change...
For me, to support such change would first mean scrutinising the motives of the 'big investor'. A supporter, a local person, with a genuinely benevolent motive rather than purely self-interest could be hard to resist. Most who have accrued significant wealth would want an element of control in exchange for their investment, perfectly understandable. Trust membership in itself wouldn't be enough I would imagine. So, it depends on the type of investor, who it is, and their motives.

Matt Russell

Agreed elginCity and it helps sift the wheat from the chaff that we don't own SJP or our training ground. At least that takes the property tycoons out of the equation.

Dannyred

Lol, yeah I'm sure people with similar levels of financing capabilities as Leicester's owners are constantly scouring England's basement division for a team to spends hundreds of millions on, so it'll be no problem hooking up with one of them! 😂
Maybe there have been serious offers and the offers has been turned down.

Matt Russell

Maybe there have been serious offers and the offers has been turned down.
"Maybe" is a wonderful contribution. Have you thought of asking those who would know?

Dannyred

"Maybe" is a wonderful contribution. Have you thought of asking those who would know?
I actually do know but won’t be revealing who or their contact number.

I am told the trust will not be selling the club anytime soon.

Should the trust be open to offers and who has the final say ?

PeteUSA

Tagg I imagine.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tagg I imagine.
Remind us what relationship Tagg has with the Trust Board (the 'owners' ) that would allow him to make such a decision?

fred binneys head

Pate’s imagination is a sight to behold.

Alistair20000

Tagg I imagine.
Wrong. A decision would be put to Trust members.

Have you managed to get your Trust membership application form submitted yet Pate ?

Matt Russell

I actually do know but won’t be revealing who or their contact number.

I am told the trust will not be selling the club anytime soon.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink, say no more. Smoke and mirrors dear boy!