• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Town v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely a contender for pass of the season it was that good...MJ has played a few of those lately too.
Yeah I'd say MJ's reverse ball inside for Williams to set up the opening goal at Macclesfield was the best pass I've seen all season. It helps that Randell is lightning fast but what a ball, cut two of their players out of the picture instantly and gave Williams all the time in the world for the cross in behind. If that was in the champions league Sky sports would be playing it on loop until the end of the season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah I'd say MJ's reverse ball inside for Williams to set up the opening goal at Macclesfield was the best pass I've seen all season. It helps that Randell is lightning fast but what a ball, cut two of their players out of the picture instantly and gave Williams all the time in the world for the cross in behind. If that was in the champions league Sky sports would be playing it on loop until the end of the season.
It was a good pass but not as good as Nicky Law’s in the build-up to our second against Walsall.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
And full marks to Ajose for being the fox in the box, which we haven't had for a
long time. Perhaps this explains to Harris why Williams had to delay before - because there was nobody to cross to He's put in some very good crosses with his right foot recently.

CWH-NYC_

Can somebody post a link to a working Sir Matt interview post Macclesfield. I cannot find it anywhere and fancy a listen.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can somebody post a link to a working Sir Matt interview post Macclesfield. I cannot find it anywhere and fancy a listen.

Red Monster

Just type Exeter City twitter and you’ll find tons of related stuff.

CWH-NYC_

Just type Exeter City twitter and you’ll find tons of related stuff.
Thanks both- unsure why not appearing my end. Reboot required I guess🙃

grecIAN Harris

And full marks to Ajose for being the fox in the box, which we haven't had for a
long time. Perhaps this explains to Harris why Williams had to delay before - because there was nobody to cross to He's put in some very good crosses with his right foot recently.
You ought to learn to read the game. There was always somebody in the box, Bowman attacking the near post, it's just that Williams isn't very clever with his right and struggled to get the ball off of the deck. To be fair to him it has improved quite a bit recently. Ajose scoring only proves what I had been saying all the time he was out and Lee Martin playing. So, no, it has nothing to do with why Williams kept checking back, just a lack of trust in his weaker foot.

IndoMike

You ought to learn to read the game. There was always somebody in the box, Bowman attacking the near post, it's just that Williams isn't very clever with his right and struggled to get the ball off of the deck. To be fair to him it has improved quite a bit recently. Ajose scoring only proves what I had been saying all the time he was out and Lee Martin playing. So, no, it has nothing to do with why Williams kept checking back, just a lack of trust in his weaker foot.
Nope. Don 't go along with that. I've seen him put in several good crosses with his right. Let's face it Sir Matt isn't a total mug, and wouldn't play Williams on the right if he couldn't cross with the right. But as you always say, Lee Martin is not really a penalty box player. So the most Williams could aim for is Bowman if Bowman caught up with play. Now that Ajose gets in the box Williams has more to aim at and so doesn't have to delay, and that cross with his right went straight to Ajose. Makes me laugh when posters imply "you don't know anything about football". I presume you
have your pro licence, right?

grecIAN Harris

Like I said watch the game, watch Williams success rate with crosses with his right foot. Most of them were blocked out at the edge of 18 yard box because they barely got off the deck. Yes, we got plenty of corners because if it but that is why he checks back so often, to play the ball with his stronger foot. It's a natural urge if you think you can create a better opportunity to play the ball with your stronger foot. As I said in the previous post, his right foot has seemed to improved quite a bit recently.
As for the last line of b0!!0cks.........