• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lowest Attendence in 2 years

Look at the fixture list for this season and consider the day of the week games are played on, and the opposition in terms of away support and attracting those that go occasionally - and then pick out which game you would expect to have our lowest attendance of the season. My bet is that very few would come up with a game other than last night.
Agreed it would probably have been the lowest attendance of the season, but by such a huge amount???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Look at the fixture list for this season and consider the day of the week games are played on, and the opposition in terms of away support and attracting those that go occasionally - and then pick out which game you would expect to have our lowest attendance of the season. My bet is that very few would come up with a game other than last night.
However, last nights game was re-arranged from a Saturday.

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stop posting.
Some come back that....

Cravat 2

Indeed. Had it not been postponed we would have seen a higher gate. We have suffered from the postponements creating a congested calendar now.

NDMBigBanker

i don't think people can really moan if they weren't at the game themselves, its up to you as a fan to make it to the matches. i thought it was a much better performance from the hartlepool game on saturday especially the second half, robbed of that second goal in fairness. but nevermind, i can be happy to say i was one stood in the bigbank :)

axred

yes and as a season ticket holder i was fine for the saturday ko but had late shift last night so had to miss it , probably a few more in that situation

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
yes and as a season ticket holder i was fine for the saturday ko but had late shift last night so had to miss it , probably a few more in that situation
I should imagine quite a few. My half season wouldn't have covered it anyway. School night seems to affect things as well.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well I'll stick my hand up and own up to not being there last night.

Reasons?.

A. Saturday cost me £20, £21 including 50/50 ticket ( plus a tidy sum on a few beers). To cap it, sadly we all know it was a poor game.

B. I ain't made of money and didn't fancy chucking what good money I still had after bad.

&

C. My legs are knackered (hence I have to sit) & cold (even cool) evening matches cause me immense discomfort (I'd already suffered enough for a cool Saturday fixture).

I dare-say that a few hundred others were in the same boat as me.

In case anyone is wondering I did watch the Chelsea/Man U. spat on TV. Happily for me the wife pays the Sky bills.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I'm unable to make midweek matches due to work & voluntary commitments. Funds also dictate what Saturday matches we can get to as well.

I did not watch that other game on the TV we don't have a TV, even if we had a TV, we wouldn't have watched it, whether ECFC were also playing or not.

Incontinentia

The club should be more flexible on pricing for this sort of game. It was a disappointing number but foreseeable and a bit more imaginative thinking would have been good.

We may have some more of this in the next few weeks too. We are not safe yet, and the team need to improve on last night to secure that. But the increasing view amongst fans is that the Plymouth game is the only meaningful thing left this season, and there is a huge danger for attendances and revenue in that. I'd like to see people at the club grasping the bull by the horns on pricing for the remaining home matches (friend for a fiver, kid for a quid etc).