• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Looking forward to Saturday

Ex-Mascot

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing City take on a club which, let's be honest, is a bigger club than City but nonetheless find themselves in the same division

I'm looking forward to seeing SJP at it's busiest

I'm looking forward to some good banter from those who have made the trip from up North. Leeds fans do have a reputation but all clubs have some silly boys (City are no exception) but the majority of their support I'm sure will be up for a good day out

I'm also fully expecting to be joined on the Big Bank by quite a few Leeds fans. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't be there but we all know they will. And as long as they don't take the proverbial I really don't have an issue with that (it's unlikely to be a total sell-out so they're not taking any spaces away from City fans), but if they do I hope the stewards will have the guts (and the support) to deal with them

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap Cidddeeeeeeee!

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I'm also fully expecting to be joined on the Big Bank by quite a few Leeds fans. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't be there but we all know they will. And as long as they don't take the proverbial I really don't have an issue with that (it's unlikely to be a total sell-out so they're not taking any spaces away from City fans), but if they do I hope the stewards will have the guts (and the support) to deal with them
This is the part I have big concerns about cos I remember last time in the league when we had away fans in the bank. It was Argyle at home and it all kicked off. I dread to think what will happen if Leeds score and I can see this game attracting some characters that may well fuel the situation. I may for once get to the game and keep my head down, try and enjoy it and leave. I shan't be singing any anti Leeds songs though

The all ticket situation, with a block on selling to people 'unknown' to the Exeter City system is about as far as the club can be expected to go in trying to control this. But with a large number of old bill in their riot gear looking to justify their overtime payments, anything could happen?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm looking forward to some good banter from those who have made the trip from up North. Leeds fans do have a reputation but all clubs have some silly boys (City are no exception) but the majority of their support I'm sure will be up for a good day out
Agree with this. When we were at Leeds in August, we found their fans to be friendly, honest and up for some jovial banter. We did not not feel intimidated in any way, and most of their fans we spoke to seemed slightly bemused that they were facing us in the league and did not know much about us! Most of the pubs around Elland Road seemed to have mixed groups of fans outside enjoying the sunshine and a friendly chat. Let's hope for the same tomorrow (well, maybe hoping for the sunshine is pushing it a bit!)

zorro2

Yes, from what i can see from reports and feedback from Leeds supporters that is how it has been in their time in League one and sure they will be out for a good day out and enjoy the game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
More looking forward to the Yeovil game. Derby match and a shorter journey.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Agree with this. When we were at Leeds in August, we found their fans to be friendly, honest and up for some jovial banter. We did not not feel intimidated in any way, and most of their fans we spoke to seemed slightly bemused that they were facing us in the league and did not know much about us! Most of the pubs around Elland Road seemed to have mixed groups of fans outside enjoying the sunshine and a friendly chat. Let's hope for the same tomorrow (well, maybe hoping for the sunshine is pushing it a bit!)
I certainly found the Leeds fans pre and post-match to be very friendly. Right up there with Norwich as friendliest fans I've come across this season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just praying me ticket comes in time.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to it as it was somethin we could only dream about a few years back but at the same time it will be a cr*p atmosphere as usual and also is by no means the biggest game for us coming up, Yeovil and Carlisle are far more important.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not at all optimistic. I just hope that City give a good account of themselves. One point would be welcome. Three points, three times as welcome.