• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Long Throws

p6steve

The difference with Delaps throw in's are there so flat and quick , much harder to defend than the old high looper.
I saw the one that produced the goal. it went like a bullet into the top corner of the net quicker than most people could kick it. I know it took a slight deflection, but amazing nevertherless :D

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
How long before they start genetically engineering long throwers?

SDRighton

When John Challinor was here, he had an excellent long throw
Whatever happened to the Dave Challinor fella who played for Tranmere. As I recall, he held the record for longest throw and could launch balls into the box from his own half.

I'll answer my own question. He plays for Bury. God I'm interesting.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=9801

Parklife

I'll answer my own question. He plays for Bury. God I'm interesting.
But sadly incorrect! ;)

He was released by Bury this summer. Last heard that he was snapped up by the mighty Cammell Laird FC.

manc grecian

via altrinkum i think

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Watching Stoke now and Delaps got a bit of extra length

crocks

It was a bit strange on Saturday why Gill didnt take more of the throw ins. He seemed quite happy for Moxers, Tully or whoever to take it; when he (Gill), could have easily trotted over and launched one into the penalty area.

Exerated

I’m not sure I’m too keen on the long throw ins. John Arne Riise took all of Liverpool’s throw ins when in the opposition’s half, he threw longer than my kicking, but in never resulted in a goal. Quite easy to defend against these kind of throw ins, it looks like.

Better giving the ball to the nearest unmarked City player, who shoots and scores.

Exerated

STURTZ

Given the fact that Gill is just recovering from a shoulder injury I'm not too surprised that he doesn't want to overdo it. Probably a tactic best used sparingly anyway.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Watching Stoke now and Delaps got a bit of extra length
Credy.....:D

... on a serious note, anyone know where Matty Hare is playing these days???