• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Logan Time

StixUK

I think that O'Flynn hasn't really got his bar high enough yet and isn't performing in the home games I have watched and the only goal coming from a penalty...IMHO he would be better suited to starting on the bench so that he has to realise that he is not auto first choice. Nardiello is an auto start for me at present and maybe we could slot 2 AM/Strikers in behind Cureton up front with possibly Nards/Logie backing up as Wing Forwards possibly??

Nards good at coming in from the sides of the box and Logan good at getting a head on the ball to brush it forward to the defence, it would work in my mind and then you have O'Flynn on the bench ready to come on for one of them if injured/tired etc..

Red Lion

Logan is a legend, he has made and scored a lot of important goals so you should be bowing down to him and not laughing your head of you fool - he is a god!!
Red Hot Lips, are you Big Daddy? :D

I love Logie, but I have to say all his best work at the Park (and there's been lots of goodies to choose from) has always come from the bench.

Don't get to many away matches so can't really comment, but at Orient he certainly livened things up a bit.

Most of us want him to start, score a hat-trick and get substituted to rapturous applause in the 89th minute.

The only game I've seen in which he started and looked brilliant was at Wembley.
The other times I've seen him start (at SJP) it almost looks as if he knows he has to last 90 minutes and he paces himself accordingly.
When he starts a match, he does seem to come across as lazy (IMHO from the games I've seen him start), yet when he comes off the bench he's hungry as a tiger. That's the Logie we love!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My one big criticism of Tisdale is that too often, it isn't a form game at City, O'Flynn hasn't done an awful lot to contribute in any way so far but gets the nod each time. Cureton and Logan make big impacts and start from the bench. We are lucky to have hungry strikers, who don't sulk, because many players would get a bit ****** off with that.

For the record I rate O'Flynn, I just think that the best performing strikers should start and so for me it has to be Nardiello and Logan/Cureton. Like somebody said though, set partnerships has always been a trait of Tisdales - dating to back to when our Stanno and Jamie Mackie would mostly trade places at substitution time regardless of how well they were playing, what the score was, or how naff (often very) the other striker was performing.

I'd like to see City become more of a form team to properly encourage the competition for places system, but then Tisdale has got City to such a level that he has proven he knows what he's doing
That is all true

older-codger

He started in the PSF against Bristol C and worked well with Nards till he was injured - in my view better than O'Flynn and Nards. I don't think Nards and Cureton would work as they are too similar in approach.

Red Hot Lips

I love Logie, but I have to say all his best work at the Park (and there's been lots of goodies to choose from) has always come from the bench.

Don't get to many away matches so can't really comment, but at Orient he certainly livened things up a bit.

Most of us want him to start, score a hat-trick and get substituted to rapturous applause in the 89th minute.

The only game I've seen in which he started and looked brilliant was at Wembley.
The other times I've seen him start (at SJP) it almost looks as if he knows he has to last 90 minutes and he paces himself accordingly.
When he starts a match, he does seem to come across as lazy (IMHO from the games I've seen him start), yet when he comes off the bench he's hungry as a tiger. That's the Logie we love!
obviously you havent seen any games this season. This is the fittest he has been and is looking really sharp and switched on all the games I have seen and he deserves to start.

Red Hot Lips

Yes Big Daddy has had a sex change, I am now Red Hot Lips :)