• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Local Non League Scene

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Peninsula League fixtures have been published.

A few new sides, I think Bridport were relegated/ transferred from the Western League, and Bishops Lydeard from over the border in Somerset.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Axminster and Bridport in the same division could be tasty - if City are away on Boxing Day I might even try to take in Bridport vs Axminster. Similarly the return on Good Friday.

denzel

There's an article in this week's Echo which hasn't made it to Devon Live. It's a review of the Devon and Exeter league season.
Quite useful as throughout the season they only show the Premier Division, so unless you look at the website you won't know that there are 9 divisions, each with between 10 and 12 teams.
I note that Alphington are the champions and it was stated that they won't be moving up to the Devon League, and that they are hoping that the league will expand next season, which goes against the trend in recent years.
Almost worth the £2 cost..

grecIAN Harris

There's an article in this week's Echo which hasn't made it to Devon Live. It's a review of the Devon and Exeter league season.
Quite useful as throughout the season they only show the Premier Division, so unless you look at the website you won't know that there are 9 divisions, each with between 10 and 12 teams.
I note that Alphington are the champions and it was stated that they won't be moving up to the Devon League, and that they are hoping that the league will expand next season, which goes against the trend in recent years.
Almost worth the £2 cost..
Division1 Champions...........Winkleigh. I believe it is the first time they will compete in D&E Premier.

denzel

Just looking at the latest programme for Exmouth (in case I go tomorrow).
Couple of ex City Academy players i hadn't heard of - Callum Shipton and Ethan Slater.
Also noted that Clive Pring is their groundsman, which would explain why thir pitch seems much better this season..

Check out the programme in this link.