• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 2023/24

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Their manager seemed to indicate that although CC arrived at the club as a midfielder he had played him at CH. I wonder if Gary may seek to turn him into a Pondy style ball playing CH perhaps
Tall lad who can play, move and apparently tackles like a ton of bricks in training (according to GC and Sweenz), sounds like the centre midfielder we've been waiting for really. Handy if he is Versatile as well though.

STURTZ

Great news re Mitch and Charlie!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great news re Mitch and Charlie!
you are down that way I believe so time for a scouting report surely .....

Rosencrantz

Mitch is a really good footballer, we just have to be a bit patient with regards to his physicality catching up with his ability.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Joe O'Connor on the bench for Tiverton tonight against Winchester City.

Rosencrantz

Joe came on after 39 minutes for the injured Matt Britton taking his place as the holding midfielder, probably not a natural role in midfield for Joe. He did it pretty well though, protecting his back four and keeping the ball well in the main. Came close with a low 25 yard drilled shot which the keeper just got his fingers to tip around the post.

DawlishBouy

Joe came on after 39 minutes for the injured Matt Britton taking his place as the holding midfielder, probably not a natural role in midfield for Joe. He did it pretty well though, protecting his back four and keeping the ball well in the main. Came close with a low 25 yard drilled shot which the keeper just got his fingers to tip around the post.
That was the position he played in the three FA Youth Cup games last season and for Tavistock earlier this season.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their manager seemed to indicate that although CC arrived at the club as a midfielder he had played him at CH. I wonder if Gary may seek to turn him into a Pondy style ball playing CH perhaps
Not another one!
Even though we do have a glut of promising young midfielders there does seems to a more obvious pathway to the first team as a midfielder than as a defender.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear some news of Cummins progressing. Might get a few matches in the Pizza Trophy next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even though we do have a glut of promising young midfielders there does seems to a more obvious pathway to the first team as a midfielder than as a defender.
Cummins unless he turns into another JR Hartley isn't likely to be challenging for a place in the 1st team next season. However, the big bucks for many clubs seem to be around recruiting strikers or centre halfs. I'm sure that was a part of the thinking behind Gary wanting to turn Milli into a number 9 and possibly with young Cummins. At his age who knows what his best position is yet. Maybe in two season's time the CH partnership could be him and Ed James as Chieck may well have moved on by then. Equally, if CC is the next Roy Keane then a combination of him and Jake in centre midfield could be immense. I admit there is a little bit of optimism in my rose tinters but dream big I say :love: