• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Such a vast difference in all the positiveness from the first game where we took it to Liverpool. Perhaps the individual most fearful of Anfield was Tis?
Even up until today, Tisdale kept on about us not winning at SJP as opposed to a lucrative away fixture? What he put out on the field to represent a team must have frightened him, let alone anybody else! I'm surprised Perryman didn't say 'what the f*** are you up to!'

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's disappointing as we didn't give ourselves the best chance of causing an upset. That's the only thing which is slightly hurting me at the minute. I'm not anti Butterfield/Oakley but we needed legs in the middle, like what we did with McCready/Manny at Sunderland. We surrendered the game before we kicked off with our team selection.

Dby3 ///

Too many old agers on the pitch, too many plastics in the stands, too many staff with feet comfortably situated under the table, too many closures on the M6... But, back to reality now, back to normal...

PeteUSA

Where's Red Bill with that petition? He's probably still smashing his living room up, or having to be restrained somewhere!

Antony Moxey

Very poor performance, especially the first half. Gave them too much time and width, they mullered us down the flanks. Hopefully, when Tis looks back on this game, it'll signal the end for Woodman, Morrison, Oakley and Butterfield, they should never pull on a City shirt again.

Things picked up with Tom and Wheels on the pitch but by then Liverpool were properly in their stride. Perhaps if we'd started more positively it might have been different but in the end we got what we deserved. As for our useless first half striker, how about theirs: it's hard to think of a poorer performance by a front man but considering Bentenke cost more than the combined fees of every single Exeter City player that's not only ever lived but will ever live he was utterly useless and must have Liverpool fans pulling their hair out each week.

But in the end we had a good day out and trousered a shed load of cash which will help to keep the club on its feet. Can't really grumble about that, especially if we pick up our league form and realise it's back to the nitty gritty.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Don't know if last night's Anfield attendance has been posted anywhere, so apologies if I'm repeating it, but a very decent 43,292.

Pete Martin (CTID)

......Hopefully, when Tis looks back on this game, it'll signal the end for Woodman, Morrison, Oakley and Butterfield, they should never pull on a City shirt again.
......and pigs may fly!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Such a vast difference in all the positiveness from the first game where we took it to Liverpool. Perhaps the individual most fearful of Anfield was Tis?
He's been using the same tactics at home for 4 seasons so I don't know why people are surprised

Let's try and get to HT level and then we can make changes after 60 minutes and try to win the game - opposition score early and those tactics are ****ed

His interview after - "I knew I had to pace the team we couldn't over do it too early" so take all the pace out the team
And replace it with 3 players aged 35+

Masterclass

Oldsmobile-88

Right..The nonsense of the past few weeks is over now (tickets,plastics,etc..) thank goodness.

A very tricky game against Accy coming up on Saturday.Lose that one & the season could be over..

ChardGrecian

It has been said but feel really let down by Tisdale and the old guard. We proved what we could do I the first game but with old pros who cannot run against a premiership side feel they totally disrespected the thousands of fans who made the journey. The atmosphere in the away end suffered because of thus as many knew the game was over before it had began. This felt like real contempt for the fans and on the TV too, let's hope the money is used to get youth or players..