• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liverpool Tickets - anyone through?

Red & White

I think given the recent surge in Trust memberships for this game that in future the tickets should be one per person regardless of how many priority groups you are in, and it is only open to existing members of the Trust and other supporters groups. The problem with this there are some supporters who pay on the gate week in week out who are not a member of any priority groups who would miss out, and frankly I don't know of an answer which can suit all parties. :S

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it that difficult to work out it merits an investigation?! I wonder if the outcome goes along the lines of 'due to the suprising interest in Trust membership to guarentee a Liverpool ticket or get an extra one for a mate who supports Liverpool / rarely comes to matches at SJP, we ran out'!!
Amended for accuracy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
p.s.

I remember reading somewhere, can't find the thread, that only 37% of ST holders were Trust members BL (Before Liverpool). I wonder what the percentage is now.

Maybe the Review can look at this, Martin / Jay / Taggy / whoever?

as regards as people joining the trust just because it guarentees a ticket i did this after the man u game. i remember having to pay 6 quid as a kid (jepson days) whilst at school so had to get a paper round! supported them for years paying full price and attending most home games.

play man utd and struggled to get a ticket so decided to join trust. been a season ticket holder a few times too. remember man utd fans boasting at work that they had tickets, made me soooo angry!!

not very interesting i know but hey, i'm waiting for my goals galore!!

I think given the recent surge in Trust memberships for this game that in future the tickets should be one per person regardless of how many priority groups you are in, and it is only open to existing members of the Trust and other supporters groups. The problem with this there are some supporters who pay on the gate week in week out who are not a member of any priority groups who would miss out, and frankly I don't know of an answer which can suit all parties. :S
TOTALLY AGREE, this is what happened to our family when utd came back to the park i couldnt get a ticket cause we just paid on the gate every week loyal supporters who coulnt get a ticket cause we didnt belong to priority group after that we were and had no problems, i still think ticket zone is crap way to get tickets as theyve messed mine up tried to phone me didnt answer they cancelled my ticket phoned up mon got a last minute ticket in the stagecoach stand least im there. but thats not the point id rather queue up foir 5 hours as priority member as many fans who i spoke to last home game said they would

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just been looking through the Redandwhite Kop Liverpool forum and it would appear some of their fans still haven't recieved their tickets for the away end this morning and some ordered them as far back as Friday. So even one of the biggest clubs in the country still seem to make a balls up of ticketing it seems.....

:S

journeyman

I got through on Sunday and ordered what I imagine is one of the last tickets...it still hasn't come through yet, nervously waiting for the postman this morning!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got through on Sunday and ordered what I imagine is one of the last tickets...it still hasn't come through yet, nervously waiting for the postman this morning!
Rich if you ordered on Sunday then you will probably have to collect it from the ticket booth at the ground

Boyo

Clearly there needs to be a ticket plan in place. The last minute decision to allow people to join the Trust after the draw, had to be made in haste, at a time when the 101 things needed to be done instantly, and I suspect that decision is being somewhat regretted now.

A clear ticketing policy covering all eventualities should be put in place and communicated to all fans, so that everyone knows the situation, even before a cup draw is made. Who knows for example what the ticket procedure would be if we were drawn away to Exmouth Town in the FA Cup and we were only given 250 tickets – who is the ‘priority group’ for that?

seersy

When the trust was set up, part of the membership was priority of tickets and as im concerned this works. Many prem clubs use this sort of system to get tickets such as liverpool which has a fan membership (also other schemes ( 1 ticket per membership)and you have to go to certain games to get get tickets for various other games which also includes european games ( yes I know we aren't in europe) but that seems to work. The problem is that there are people who only want to go to big games and I think at times the club can be at fault,this applies to joining the trust.

Like many people I queued for over 7 hours in the rain for the Man utd game, for my priority tickets and cetain people moaned as they had to wait until they went on general sale and I was also lucky enough to get tickets for the home game I got 2 tickets (max 4 tickets depending on priority groups) with no problems but new trust members who had only joined for the man utd game ( so call plastic supporters) had to wait until the first priority groups had got theres but as they never went on general sale certain people moaned as they couldn't go. so it does work, (funny enough they are now trust members and still moaning)

I think the club thought that the new system (saving the club money in the long term) would work but ticketzone doesn't seem to be able to cope and perhaps needs updating, also I found it a bit strange that like others you had to ring up to book seats especially season tickets who want there seats. I hope that the club and ticketzone learns from this and can sort out the system failures. I don't think that ticketzone are crap ( unless you are the ones who are moaning because you can't get tickets) I just don't think that their system can cope with the sudden amount of traffic using the site.

As for canceling tickets I suggest that you read the terms before ordering and it tells you that if there is a problem and that they will contact the person ordering and if they can't get hold of you then they will cancel the order.

If you ticket hasn't arrived I would have thought that it would be at the club as it takes about two days to arrive and that if you ordered it on sunday then it would be at the club.