• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Live music venue

greenawayr

Interesting story in the Echo about Joss Stone's mum buying a club in Exeter and turning it into a live music venue with bar, food and recording studio. Which will be officially opened by Joss Stone herself with a gig.

Not a huge fan of the girl although she has a good voice, but it's great to see something like this going on in the city and hopefully with those sorts of contacts, you could see, maybe not big names considering the size of the venue, but some good up and coming bands visiting the area.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
What does the menu look like?

I'm not really interested in the rest.

stuexeter

Its a shame its not a very nice venue. They'll need a massive refit and layout changes for that place to ever last more than a couple of years!

Swanaldo

That building is ill-suited as a music venue. That's why the last two ventures have failed.

ecfcpipe

you could see, maybe not big names considering the size of the venue, but some good up and coming bands visiting the area.
The Cavern often get these good and upcoming bands playing there on a regular basis...

Hopefully this new venue will be more diverse when it comes to music, compared to the trash that was promoted there most nights in recent times!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where is it going to be?

ECFC69

Where is it going to be?
The Hub,3 Fat Fish,The Exchange,The Mitre!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
The Cavern often get these good and upcoming bands playing there on a regular basis...

Hopefully this new venue will be more diverse when it comes to music, compared to the trash that was promoted there most nights in recent times!
The Cavern smells like a sh*t hole; it mkes me want to vomit when I walk down the stairs; I stayed for 30 mins to see the support act one night; went home and wife asked if I had ****** myself; the stench went home with me +o(

benh

The Cavern itself doesn't smell that bad, just the punters.

Oldsmobile-88

The Hub is a poor music venue....A fortune will have to be spent in there.It is a real tip.

I hope it works out though.There are very few decent music venues around the city these days.