• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Life after Harley

ecfccal

Matt T could be going as he was apparantly near to a move to swindon and other teams were interested
Sercs is wanted buy prem boys but don't think he will go as he is still young
and Tis..... Despite the fact i think he would like to go. i Hope he is so comftable that it would have to be a big move to tempt

On the thought of Harley wouldn't mind getting Hoskins if Rovers go down ;)

dommers

2 weeks ago to my horror i came across a 'ryan harley can f*ck off thread' to now how will we cope without him. Some fickle city fans never fail to amaze me!
Luckily most sit somewhere in the middle.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt very much that any of the youngsters will.

It's so much harder for them to break into League one than it was for the likes of Mox, George, Liam, Scrat and Jamie M.

And don't forget we had one hell of a youth team back then.

A one off in my opinion.
So are we just giving up with it now? How will we know if they're good enough? Other clubs are bringing youths in to their side, maybe they're better prospects at bigger clubs but if we don't throw a few in how will we ever know?

We are in a time where we name 7 subs, surely just 1 of them could be a youngster who if we are looking comfortable then we can bring on for 10 mins here and there and slowly build it up. If we are safe with 6 games to go it would be a crime not to bring in frear, Sheps, Bennet etc for a couple of these to see how they fare.

At the moment we are just wasting our youth setup.

LammieLammieLammie

Interesting point Jay, in many ways those 2 players are not what I would consider to be "youth" players anymore... they are probably both around 19 or 20....

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Scot was getting bench time earlier in the season but that has stopped. Would be good to see them in a L1 game before we condemn them.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we are safe with 6 games to go it would be a crime not to bring in frear, Sheps, Bennet etc for a couple of these to see how they fare.
Exactly what I said at #22.

I'll get worried if we all start agreeing on something...

Grecian_Jay

Interesting point Jay, in many ways those 2 players are not what I would consider to be "youth" players anymore... they are probably both around 19 or 20....
Yeah and that sort of backs my point up. Frear and Shep seem to have been around for years. Sure I remember Sheps coming off the bench for 5 mins in the conference (might be wrong).

If no game time will be allocated to them then they shouldn't have been offered contracts, however harsh that sounds.

Grecian_Jay

Exactly what I said at #22.

I'll get worried if we all start agreeing on something...
Sorry for duplicating it John, meant to back it up rather than copy it :D

LammieLammieLammie

I think Frear is different than anything we have, and he's a bit younger isn't he? I like him..

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry for duplicating it John, meant to back it up rather than copy it :D
Wasn't accusing you of plagiarism (?) just worried that 2 Exewebbers were agreeing about something...it's so rare these days.