• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Sercombe

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
An excellent prospect who has done himself and the club proud. He appears to being singled out when in fact it is the entire team who are not playing well. I seem to recall Moxey being slagged off in the early part of his career with us. Thankfully he didn't listen to the pathetic, ill informed comments and let his natural ability outshine those without football knowledge or experience who found it easy to condemn from afar.
Spot on Red.

The boy seems to be playing with his head full of sh*t, now I am not suggesting how that sh*t got there, but he is a gifted player very much in the Harley mould yet he is playing like Kwame on mogadon, the coaching and pre match instructions perhaps ?

Darth

I don't mind Liam at all, his performance at Luton last season was brilliant, helped us to league 1 football. But we aren't in league 2 anymore and sorry if my views upset people but I don't want to go back there after 1 season.

My grudge is I dont think he has the engine for 90 minutes. He doesn't look very fast at the start of a game!!! Is there a fitness problem?

Does he have astma(as I have been told)? Could that be the reason for his poor performances in certain games?

grecianstew

An excellent prospect who has done himself and the club proud. He appears to being singled out when in fact it is the entire team who are not playing well. I seem to recall Moxey being slagged off in the early part of his career with us. Thankfully he didn't listen to the pathetic, ill informed comments and let his natural ability outshine those without football knowledge or experience who found it easy to condemn from afar.
Best post of the thread. Indeed Moxey was still being widely slagged when he was 2 years older than Liam and playing 2 divisions below. George Friend had to be dropped from the Conference side when older and don't even get me started on the abuse Mackie got.
Sercombe is a great player and paycheque in the making, however we have the power to destroy that in the same way we are threatening to destroy Seaborne.

Wellyred

liam sercombe

I dont mean to knock a young player trying to forge a career and all that....but can someone please tell me what liam gives to the team. IMO he is a big time passenger who has not improved at all...

<wellyred lights a big cigar..sits back and waits for the abuse to begin!!!>

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Re: liam sercombe

Had one incredible turn on the first touch today late on. Otherwise not offering much. Looks quick potentially.

Last edited:

wiveygrecian

Got to agree Wellyred he was Liam Lightweight today, the first half totally passed him by.

LammieLammieLammie

fair OP.

I Wonber if Ryan and Liam in the same trio is counter productive. Serious question, how many games do people think it takes to get the handle on L1?

older-codger

I think that Liam was trying at least - he makes mistakes but don't they all. Don't get me started on the enigma that is Ryan...........

arthur

I think that Liam was trying at least - he makes mistakes but don't they all. Don't get me started on the enigma that is Ryan...........
They were both played in positions where they are not at their best - Sercombe is better and more effective playing wider and Harley cannot adapt his style of play to suit a wet February at SJP

Wellyred

Trying was an understatement..He lacks any ability to make a meaningful pass..he will not take anybody on and when he finds himself in a position to make a cross he panics an loses possession... he may have talent but he's way out of his depth