• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam Sercombe

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's time he needs a break from the first team.
What is currently being asked of Liam is to be a regular in League One at the age of less than 19 and a half,and playing out of position to boot.

It is far too early for him to play regularly; he needs the sort of gradual development that George Friend got (albeit George was playing two divisions below this).

He is however one helluva prospect.

Jimmydee

He gives the team nothing, he has no pace, cant tackle, pass or go past defenders.
As has been said needs a break from the first team.

Wellyred

He gives the team nothing, he has no pace, cant tackle, pass or go past defenders.
As has been said needs a break from the first team.
I'll go with that jimmy

sortitoutfoxy

I've been a fan of Liam since he first broke through and I try to sing his praises as often as possible. But I have to be honest and admit that I thought his performances last year were hit and miss and this year he really is struggling. But like people say, he's young and will only get better. Maybe he needs a spell on the bench but lets not hang him up by his balls yet eh?

Darth

When has Liam played well? What was the weather like?

Can't play in hot conditions.........breathing seems to be a problem.........maybe he is good when its winter or wet.......or maybe he is just not a footballer!!!

Jim Shepherd

When has Liam played well? What was the weather like?

Can't play in hot conditions.........breathing seems to be a problem.........maybe he is good when its winter or wet.......or maybe he is just not a footballer!!!
Darth,

Serious question. What has made your opinion of Sercs so bad? I don't recall much negativity about his performances last season?

LOG

What is currently being asked of Liam is to be a regular in League One at the age of less than 19 and a half,and playing out of position to boot.

It is far too early for him to play regularly; he needs the sort of gradual development that George Friend got (albeit George was playing two divisions below this).

He is however one helluva prospect.
I concur. We're expecting too much too soon.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Darth,

Serious question. What has made your opinion of Sercs so bad? I don't recall much negativity about his performances last season?
In alll fairness jim he was more of a bit player last season big step up this year. Dont think hes played that badly but a rest could well would be in order
maybe its time to give edwards a run , with strict orders to sit in his own half. and let let russel and harley. run a bit wild.

Jim Shepherd

In alll fairness jim he was more of a bit player last season big step up this year. Dont think hes played that badly but a rest could well would be in order
Look, I think the last couple of games Sercs has played haven't been good. Yesterday when on the ball I thought he looked a little indecisive and lacking confidence. Whether its the system, the step up in oppo, the defensive nature of the system or himself (Or any combination) I don't know.
I'd like to think the coaches and manager are onto it though.
I hop I'm notbein unfair ondarth butwhen you lookat his quots earlierin the threa I flt it was a fair question.
It is fairly decisive thing to say he wants a refund from the players pocket, that he'll never watch City while he's playing and I can't see what he's done to deserve quite that much negativity s i asked. That is all

fred binneys head

I hop I'm notbein unfair ondarth butwhen you lookat his quots earlierin the threa I flt it was a fair question.
Been on the pop, Jim?