• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam McAlinden

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't pin your hopes on McAlinden - I'd suggest Stockleys form will determine our fortunes this season
Maybe but he needs someone to provide the ammunition and to partner him which is why i wrote what i did in my OP.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
What has happened to Sparkes? I would love to see him come on for the last 15-20 minutes to run at defences and scare the living daylights out of them.

STURTZ

If McAlinden had anything resembling a right foot on Saturday he'd have scored at least two goals, fact!

Grecian2K

In the words of the immortal Pete'n'Dud
"I've got nothing against his left leg. Trouble is, neither does he"

andrew p long

What has happened to Sparkes? I would love to see him come on for the last 15-20 minutes to run at defences and scare the living daylights out of them.
Whilst I'm with you on this, I think there have been loads of important U18 games, as well as the U23 Prem games, Checkatrade etc coming up. Jack is eligible for all of our different teams and it looks as if he is being used a) for important U18 games and b) trying to get in lots of games. Perhaps its thought that with McAlinden Holmes and Edwards we have enough forwards who can play wide, Jack having only just turned 17 he needs more experience than the last 15-20 minutes of games. Though it looks as if I'm not alone in thinking that he's a really useful option coming off the bench in League Two.

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

Whilst I'm with you on this, I think there have been loads of important U18 games, as well as the U23 Prem games, Checkatrade etc coming up. Jack is eligible for all of our different teams and it looks as if he is being used a) for important U18 games and b) trying to get in lots of games. Perhaps its thought that with McAlinden Holmes and Edwards we have enough forwards who can play wide, Jack having only just turned 17 he needs more experience than the last 15-20 minutes of games. Though it looks as if I'm not alone in thinking that he's a really useful option coming off the bench in League Two.
I suspect we'll see more of him in that latter half of the season.

iscalad

Here ya go Sturtz

STURTZ

See he's at Wrexham.....

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And, as here, he's very much a bit-part player.

scottus86

To be fair, he was forming quite an understanding with Ruben Ried before Stockley arrived. If I remember right, we had started that season flying.