• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam McAlinden.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's done very well since he joined the club good pace quick feet and intelligent passing providing several assists in the limeted game time he's had.....reminds me too of Jamie Mackie in the way he plays!....quite astonishing that Simpson was playing every week during our terrible run of form in front of him.

IBA

He's done very well since he joined the club good pace quick feet and intelligent passing providing several assists in the limeted game time he's had.....reminds me too of Jamie Mackie in the way he plays!....quite astonishing that Simpson was playing every week during our terrible run of form in front of him.
Loads of energy , positivity and makes things happen. Fast becomming my favourite City player.

Avening Posse

I really rate the guy. I thought he showed a lot of promise in terms of movement and pace when we lost to Hartlepool at the beginning of the season, but he wasn't played much after that for a while, I think he will shine for us once he is given a proper consistent run

astraltrader

Thanks gentlemen for your considered views.
I was one of the Wolves fans who felt he was let go a tad prematurely but I would really love it it if he could help propel my other favourite team up the table!!
I always felt he had a lot of talent.

tonykellowfan

I think there was a comment from Tisdale that he took a while to settle in a new environment as he had been at Wolves for so long. Obviously fans tend to just see the player on the pitch but I can imagine that at his age it probably was quite a shock to move away from home etc. Now presumably he has come through that and is starting to show that he has talent and potential.

muppetdodger

Good player, but there can surely be no comparison between him and Reuben. Two totally different players, who in my opinon would play very well together.

Gordon Dale

astraltrader: You weren't alone at Molineux. I 'heard' he was recommended by Kenny Jackett who apparently holds ecfc youth development in high regard.

muppetdodger : Agreed. If Watkins does go in the tfr window you could well get 'your wish'. Have a feeling that's 'been the plan' ...for some time ....with an acceptance that Watkins was bound to go.

Exe on Valdez

He is nippy and has an eye for goal, but still looks like a development player to me. There is plenty of potential and I think that like so many players before him, Tisdale could have problems with knowing/deciding what Liam's best position is.

If he was that good already, he would be holding down a regular place. Please don't make comparisons with James or Simpson. I know. (shakey head carol)

StroudGrecian

I agree with the Alaskan Disaster, he looked pretty raw (and a bit clueless) when I saw him v Crawley back in August - though by all accounts he has improved a fair bit since then.

STURTZ

I think that Tisdale can see him fulfilling a Stanno type role, i.e. roaming across the front line with speed and stamina, running the channels and finding the net on occasions. We've tried many players in this role but, as yet haven't found anyone as good as our legend.