• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton orient v Exeter City fc Matchday Thread

tom_rowe

Was bad news as soon as the team sheet was read out, We were going to struggle for shape and it showed.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
C*cknobs - just realised I put 50 on Cureton to score the first goal instead of 5!!!
Why am I not surprised, maybe you should check before you confirm ;)

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like it was a good job I was too ill to travel up to London today.........just hope that Matty, Nardy and Duffs are back against Charlton next week, or I can see a similar result. ;)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I said after the Rovers game, when he was up front alone against a very tall back 4, that his running into space and demand of the ball to feet was very poor, but everyone else seemed to think that he had a good game.
Before the Rovers game he didn't have a contract. Now he does.

philexe

Move on and up!!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before the Rovers game he didn't have a contract. Now he does.
So long as he scores the first goal in every game he plays, we'll be ok.

You remember the rules.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
So long as he scores the first goal in every game he plays, we'll be ok.

You remember the rules.
Oh yeah. He's our mythical twenty goal a season striker.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nursey, where did you hear/see that?! I thought i was watching Graham Power again because he was dreadful.

***shudders***

I'd rather see Joe Heath play.
Not having heard any of the commentary or being at the game I can't comment on today, but I would rather have BJ at left back, or someone else over Golbourne. Nothing against the lad. But the Rovers game he had the ball handed to him on a plate a few times and didn't do owt.

We was always going to struggle today. I would've taken a point. It didn't happen/ It's been a tough couple of weeks, no need to panic. See how we get on next week....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh my god, how awful was that ?

Jonesy, couple or three decent saves, the rest of the time bleddy awful in every respect.
Tulls, decent, got pulled about a bit and never gave us the width we needed.
Goldy, poor defensively, brought width but never attacked hard enough and crosses were generally poor.
Edwards, a rock for 30 or so minutes then lost the plot.
BJ, utter cack in every respect.
Dunne, better when he moved more into the middle, brought effort and bite.
Sercs, same as Dunne but did more coming forward and gave the ball away too much early on.
Harley, see BJ but less of a liability because he didn't have to play CB.
Noble, looked good on the ball but passes generally put recipients under pressure, won't shoot and too fat.
Cureton, not a target man, doesn't run the channels that well, doesn't demand the ball.
O'Flynn, tried, ran around, complete nobber when he hasn't got the ball.
Logie, replaced Cureton at half time, won a few heads, put himself about and was a part of the decent 20 minutes or so we had after H/T.
Troy, replaced Dunne, why ? Looked as if he hadn't played for about a year but at least he won a couple of headers and found his man more times than BJ did in 90 minutes.
Thomson replaced Edwards, looked keen, got up and down, linked well with Sercs and Logie, a rare bright spark.
The ref, atrocious.
Tis,WTF, how the man can think BJ is good enough for this division let alone capable of playing centre back is beyond me. Changed things just enough at half time to give us a fighting chance, 5 nil at half time wouldn't have flattered a fairly ordinary Os team, then came the utter calamity of a second goal which you can see for yourselves. Noble and Harley are too similar, both play with such lethargy that the team attacks with no urgency or conviction, that may have been the reason Cureton and O'Flynn's movement resembled a three week old turd, they simply never looked likely to get the ball, the back four didn't work and continued not to work when it became a five then when it went back to a four.

What a dire, under motivated, disorganised pile of poo we were today.
Fair enough.

Glad the ref was on the ball as well. Did the radio listeners get a different game from us?

Erico

I was at the game and my main critisicm was the lack of pace and direction of our attacks. Our slowness and casualness was just to easy for Orients defence.

Still not overly worried about this season, we will be ok when we gel/get key players back.