• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Levi Landricombe

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah but he'd directly come throught the ranks at ???reading was it ??? b4 though
Yes but they obviously thought he'd never make it, as far as I'm aware Landricombe has only been at non-league clubs much like a certain Tony Kellow.

Since joining Tivvy, Levi has 45 goals in 51 games. Not bad.

Andy Holloway

There was also a certain 'gentleman' by the name of Antony Lynch who was slotting goals away for fun for Taunton Town some years ago. ECFC Fans were screaming for City to acquire his services, but he went to Tivvy instead. He scored a couple of goals in his first half dozen games and then went down hill rapidly, the last time i saw him he was a sub at Tivvy and was and 'warming up' by eating his mates chips while swinging his left leg to and fro! Eventually vanished of the face of the earth.
Yes there are some potential 'nuggets' out there, Jamie Vardy is a prime example, but there are also a far greater number of 'good at this level' players, for whom the step up is, however many leagues it be, just too much.

citizen

I`ve seen Landricombe a few times over the years,he has always looked decent,but like Andrew Neal the other prolific localish Non League striker, they don`t seem to attract the local league clubs,or if they do it`s under raps.UTC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club have invested a lot of time and money into Jamie Reid. I agree that he hasn't looked great when playing for us but would you seriously drop him for an unknown.
Just because you have invested in something doesn't mean you continue to do so, imho Reid has not progressed, you could argue he has gone backwards, I don't know what he is earning however his wages for the last few seasons have been pretty much a write off with very little return, my view is he will not make it as a league footballer so we should move on and invest elsewhere, someone like Landricombe clearly has an eye for goal and is pretty much generating a goal a game at Tiverton which is extremely impressive, I doubt Reid would be any better than a 1 in 4 or 5 games at that level.

Let's be honest though most strikers don't prosper under Tisdale, he is a graveyard for them.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How would the club know about this player? Dont you'all remember when Tisdale said "players come to us" on the FL Show, two or three years ago?

Last edited:

SDRighton

Sounds like he'd be a good fit.
Yep, good footballing genes.

Boyo

How would the club know about this player? Dont you'all remember when Tisdale said "players come to us" on the FL Show, two or three years ago?
This old chestnut again, eh Pete?

Yes, Tisdale said that. The context is that we are very lucky in respect that lots of players actively approach the Club because they view us as a good option. That doesn't mean we don't scout players or approach players ourselves.

Grecian2K

As Boyo has stated we don't know for sure that Tisdale hasn't cast an eye over the lad so perhaps we should not be too hasty to con denim?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
This old chestnut again, eh Pete?

Yes, Tisdale said that. The context is that we are very lucky in respect that lots of players actively approach the Club because they view us as a good option. That doesn't mean we don't scout players or approach players ourselves.
It was possibly a lazy comment, but as I recall it the inference was that we did things differently. No ordinary club and all that. I am sure we must do some scouting, but I do question some of our recruitment.

PeteUSA

It was possibly a lazy comment, but as I recall it the inference was that we did things differently. No ordinary club and all that. I am sure we must do some scouting, but I do question some of our recruitment.
I agree Rich, I took Tisdales comment that we do things differently to mean that we had little or no money to go after players, and he had to rely on players that might want to "come to us". He also moaned about our geographical location as being the reason many players dont want to come to Exeter. I certainly didnt get the impression that players might want to come to us "because they view us as a good option" as Boyo says. I dont think for one minute that Tisdale meant that.