• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Let us put things in perspective here!!

papillon

Sometimes I could cry when I read the postings on these boards.

I really don't know what some posters expect of my beloved team. Yesterday we played in a fantastic stadium in front of the 5th biggest crowd of the day with a passionate away following that wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership or Championship!!

Ok the team is lacking in some areas and why wouldn't it be!! We have just achieved to two successive promotions for the first time in our history. Things were never going to be easy.

But we seem to have far to many people on here who think they know best. Well trust me to a person you do not!! I wish you would channel that energy into supporting what is happening at our club.

Believe you me great things are happening and we are building a model of how ALL football clubs should be run.

Let us leave the team decisions to the man who has already become the most successful manager in our history. I am not saying I dont dissagree with him on occasions but I am enough of a man to know that he is the 'top banana' here and I am playing a supporting roll.

NOW GET YOUR SORRY ARSES OUT ON SUPER SUNDAY AND JOIN ME AT THE PARK TOMORROW AND CHEER ON TIZ AND THE BOYS TO THREE POINTS!!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perspective? On here? I think you're asking for a bit too much mate.

But I agree - things at the club are better they have ever been since I began supporting City in the mid 90s. I'm enjoying this season immensely, and I still think we will stay up (just), which will be as big an achievement as either of the two promotions.

Last edited:

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nail firmly on head there Paps

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
just an idle thought but if Tis does get us relegated would he still count as our 'most successful manager'?

papillon

just an idle thought but if Tis does get us relegated would he still count as our 'most successful manager'?
You name another manager who has given us two promotions??

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
But would it still count as 2 promotions?

southamptongrecian

until someone comes along and betters what Tis has done YES.

Well said Paps. agree with everything you said, only wish I could be there tomorrow.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
And also, Terry Cooper (one half of Tis' competition for the 'Best Ever Manager' title), was also in charge when we were relegated from this division...

papillon

But would it still count as 2 promotions?
I can only presume your taking the ****.

Shakes head in disbelief.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Believe you me great things are happening and we are building a model of how ALL football clubs should be run.
An excellent post Paps. The on field successes of the team in the last few years plus the expectations of the management of greater things to come, all mean that the goalposts are constantly being moved for the off field staff and the Trust. However there is a phenomenal amount of work going on in the background to balance this. This would be difficult in itself in normal circumstances but we also have the added complication of the ground redevelopment.

Just believe in the Trust and the weownourfootballclub.com concept and we will get there!

Last edited: