• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leigh RMI Renamed Leigh Genesis

Max Payne 2

"We wanted a name that was quite snappy but also one not being used by any other football club, so that it could become synonymous with Leigh."

There's a reason Genesis isn't being used by any other football club. Never had a problem with RMI myself. Progress is a person.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
"We wanted a name that was quite snappy but also one not being used by any other football club, so that it could become synonymous with Leigh."
Err... The clue to what makes the club distinct is already in the title of the club. That's what makes them individual.

Is June 12th the new April 1st or is this really serious?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Err... The clue to what makes the club distinct is already in the title of the club. That's what makes them individual.

Is June 12th the new April 1st or is this really serious?
I hear their new striker is called Peter Gabriel, and apparently their keeper is called Phil Collins......................;)

Grecian2K

I hear their new striker is called Peter Gabriel, and apparently their keeper is called Phil Collins......................;)
No Terry. Collins is a tough little midfielder. The goalkeeper is the legendary BANKS (Not Gordon (or even Alan, for that matter), but Tony!)

Serious question though. Will one of their first ACTS be a mass EXODUS of the existing players?

GrecianInWales

My take on it all. Apologies for any puns stolen.

http://soccerlens.com/leigh-genesis-could-be-throwing-it-all-away/7894/

older-codger

Don't wish to be a JEREMIAH, but this appears to be a RUTHless attempt to make the NUMBERS stack up. I hesitate to JUDGE the chairman but the CHRONICLES of Leigh RMI don't suggest that there lies anything other than LAMENTATIONS ahead. Going to need a CORINTHIAN spirit or the patience of JOB to see anything coming of this.

Gozzer

Bad job all round.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do they have enough support to warrange a Leigh Exodus ??

NG

TIME FOR A 3 YEAR CONTRACT FOR THE LEGEND THAT IS
does anyone know of that steve beasdale of big ron manager is still there boss?

edindevon

Leigh Genesis have evidently had a bit of a struggle since the last action on this thread. They are currently floundering 5 points adrift at the bottom of the Evo Stick Divison One North with a goal difference of -47. At the opposite end of the table, Chester City are 8 points clear at the beginning of their long quest to regain league status.

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/tables.php#table1631