• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lego St James Park

cuzman1977

Oh, and I totally forgot about The Spot too. Doh! Got to do that, plus all the inbetween stuff around the stands.

Ian_Woodward

That's brilliant!! Should to the whole ground like you said above.

grrrrr21

absolutely love it, brilliantly done so far, makes me want to find my (now grown up) kids lego so i can play.

Mass_Debator

Given the upcoming match against the Muffers, I think you should try and acquire some red+white shirted and green shirted players. You could then recreate key moments from the match. Failing that, a scoreboard showing the final result (presumably in our favour) would certainly be worth seeing.

Nice work btw. You should send the photos to Lego, they might bung you some freebies.

Last edited:

exile in wales

hey ...wheres my brick ..i payed good money and got my name all over it and you dont put it in ,,,how very dare you !!!

cuzman1977

very good, do you plan to do all 92 league grounds.
Sad, isn't it? As for my plans with the Lego used to create SJP, I have a ton of bricks in the following colours: red, white, blue, green, yellow, black, brown and grey, so if I can handle breaking up SJP in the future then my options are open.

To be honest, perhaps the best strategy is to target the very small clubs first - Conference and below, either doing them myself or getting fans of those clubs to do their own. It won't take much Lego to get results, and a website of Lego Conference grounds could start inspiring the fans of the higher teams to do their own models and it could all take off.

If I was to register on every club's forum and show them the completed SJP project then it might make one or two people think "we can't be outdone by this", and then who knows what might happen. I could end up starting a pretty cool website of Lego models of many different football club grounds and stands. Or I could end up with a website with just a few half-assed attempts.

Somebody had a crack at doing Liverpool's Kop. A reasonable attempt, but the angle of the stand is more than 45 degrees due to the fact that a 1x1 Lego brick is slightly longer in height than in width or breadth. Not quite like the real Kop.

And this guy did a stand from Maine Road (again at a ridiculous gradient).

And then there's the huge model of the old Wembley at LegoLand.

There are many other Lego grounds out there, but I haven't come across too many little English football stands made out of Lego, so it seems like I could start something off here. Who knows?

cuzman1977

This is fantastic - imagine how much you could sell them for

I agree about the pitch - can you relay two patches of brown lego on the doble side of the pitch
I have some nice light brown thin plates which could do the job. Some of them are behind the Big Bank in the previous photos on this thread, currently put together as a make-shift roof for the BB until I get more grey ones to match the Doble roof.
They probably will end up as the mud between the pitch and the Doble and BB.

StixUK

I have some nice light brown thin plates which could do the job. Some of them are behind the Big Bank in the previous photos on this thread, currently put together as a make-shift roof for the BB until I get more grey ones to match the Doble roof.

You might need a few more light brown bricks than you think, do you also have 4 pits in the pitch for where the really discreet sprinklers are?

RobG

I wonder if a similar lego stadium could be sold at auction to raise money for a charity linked to the club or something?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's all grass now since the pitch move, plus in front of the away end you need a black strip for the new walkway that's also gone in since the pitch move. As for the away end itself, and I don't know how you'd go about building it, but it tapers as it goes across the back of the pitch from the OG to the Flybe.

Oh, and Stix, there are eight sprinklers on the pitch, not four.